K-Tec

Some lunar closeups (Copernicus, Casatus, Plato)

• TrevorDurity
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
17 years 9 months ago #38632 by TrevorDurity
Replied by TrevorDurity on topic Re: Some lunar closeups (Copernicus, Casatus, Plato)
Hey guys,

The window was open! No way I was going to try and view anything through our 30 yr old glass. Imaging is hard enough already :D

you should try stacking about 1400 frames of the 1800 and see if it improves the image

Yep, I wanted to do that. Problem is so many frames were junk because of tube currents, seeing + the fact that the room was warm & scope had been cooling outside before the weather came in. I mean REALLY bad frames where everything is just a blur.

Super images trevor!!
The third is my favourite

Thanks Michael, not sure what to make of that one though. Focus is quite a bit out . I think I'll play with the curves on this one to see if I can get more detail on the dim part. Hard not to burn out the foreground I'd say.

By the way, I've never had any interest in viewing the moon with the SCT or previous scopes, but looking at it through the refractor is almost a magical experience. Not sure what it is, but the images are always so crisp and 3D like! :)

Trev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #38693 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Some lunar closeups (Copernicus, Casatus, Plato)
Hi Trev

For me the best image is the final one, I think that it displays a great 3-D persepctive where one can clearly see the height of the crater walls.

They're all fantastic and I look forward to seeing more.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds