K-Tec

Another

More
18 years 9 months ago #19541 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: Another
I could be wrong but I think that Heavens-above ignores anything below 20 degrees elevation. So it could still have been a satelite,,,,,, or a plane, or a bird with a flashlite in his beak,....... :D

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19549 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Another

I could be wrong but I think that Heavens-above ignores anything below 20 degrees elevation. So it could still have been a satelite,,,,,, or a plane, or a bird with a flashlite in his beak,....... :D

Michael

If thats the case, then perhaps he should look up a location for that time, say, 15 miles away to the north west?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19764 by Patricia Maypother
Replied by Patricia Maypother on topic Another
Sunday 4th last some time around 6.00/6/30 I spied to the south of my location a very bright light quite low to the horizon. it seemed to be travelling in a east-west direction, but at times seemed to hover. I was travelling along the N7 towards Limerick. Monday evening around 5.40 I looked out my kitchen window towards the east and saw another bright light travelling very slowly in my direction, again quite low in the sky (about half as high as Mars was at the time). as it got closer I got out the binocs and saw that it was a plane with its landing lights on. I could also see its navigation (red and green) light and strobes at the wing tips. It was travelling much slower than most planes do at our location, and there was virtually no sound. the only suggestion I have that it might have been a geo-physical plane doing surveys, though they usually do this during daylight, and the last I saw was a couple of years ago. there are a couple of mines in the area. did anyone think to check tele-text to see what take-offs were out of Dublin at the time?

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds