K-Tec

Total Solar Eclipse from Greece

More
18 years 5 months ago #26103 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse from Greece

I have over 330 photos captured here and will probabily spend the next 2 weeks processing them :!: a great complaint me thinks :lol:

I'll be two weeks just cursing dynamic range alone...

There must be some sane way to show the corona and the red prominences also. I'll spare you my tales for now of dividing and multiplying layers and getting green prominences!

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #26106 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse from Greece
Just a thought...the prominances should be mainly on the red channel. If you split the image into RGB, increase the levels on the Red and process the G and B seperately. Hopefully, the corona detail will still be there on the G and B. When finished, change the hue of the G & B to give a white image and superimpose them back together onto the R.
Just an idea, I've no idea if it will work as I don't have any corona image myself.

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #26281 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse from Greece
Dear Friends,

I had some free time today and decided to revisit my earlier ethereal coronal image. I wish I had a slightly larger field of view so as to really pull in a great overall image but the following will have to suffice for now: www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2006-03-29c.htm ...

I am rubbing my hands in anticipation of the 2008 (and 2009) total solar eclipses which I will HUNT down aggressively using a wider field of view so as to capture the corona in all its glory in a format similar to the above example.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 5 months ago #26284 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse from Greece
That looks good Anthony.
Its approaching what it looked like visually, but as you say a wider field of view is needed.

I am rubbing my hands in anticipation of the 2008 (and 2009) total solar eclipses which I will HUNT down aggressively using a wider field of view so as to capture the corona in all its glory in a format similar to the above example.

A wider field is my resolution for the next one also. the 1300mm mak was fine for prominences, but it did little justice to the Corona. It was difficult to manage on the tripod also.

Any plans for 2008 yet? Novosibirsk? Shanghai for 2009? Hopefully we will mannage to meet up with you on one of these expeditions!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #26286 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse from Greece

Any plans for 2008 yet? Novosibirsk? Shanghai for 2009? Hopefully we will mannage to meet up with you on one of these expeditions!

Hi Al,

Unless something very dramatic and unexpected happens, I will certainly be attending both of these total solar eclipses!

It would be very nice to meet up with all of my buddies from Ireland (ok, Seanie too) while observing and imaging such a grand event!!!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 5 months ago #26292 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Total Solar Eclipse from Greece
yea, we all have to put up with Seanie :wink: :wink: :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds