K-Tec

Drive you mad!

More
18 years 9 months ago #19675 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Drive you mad!

// Edited out by Voyager - personal insults are not tollerated here.

I really thought that by deliberately taking a mad dash down tangent lane and swiftly taking this thing off topic we could defuse an unneccessarily tense and confrontational argument which is of no consequence at all!
"your [sic] not the kind of person that has much value to offer"

If you can't make a quick apology to ensure we get back to the astronomy then don't make comments like that. It's personal and offensive and not what's needed here. Martin, your astronomical prowess and dedication is held in awe by most people here. We envy your energy and ability while being spurred on by your efforts.

Can't we move on?

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19684 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Drive you mad!

Specifically a Fireball would be what Ross Munnelly put in the back of the Offally net last year in the final minute of the first round of the Leinster Championship!
:D

I don't follow GAA, so, I'm sorry, I didn't see that one - if it exists! :P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19686 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Drive you mad!

Bart i understand however please note that i am the one who felt verbally attacked and hence why i replied in a sour manner. It was Gordons tone rather than his words, i can read between the lines and didnt like the impression he was giving me. I did not say his comments were 'worthless' but perhaps he should have worded his opinion in a more polite manner then none of less would have materalised in the first place. Surely i have a right to defend myself? ..i was not the attacker he was.

The pressure being applied to me through yourself and the moderators should also apply equally to Gordon as it takes two to tango. Gordon knew what he was doing and threw fuel on the fire in an already tense atmosphere and its unreasonable that i am the only one that gets burned. I am suprised that you have taken such a heavy stance on this matter as we all have witnessed verbal battles on various threads here before that went way over the top and make me seem like Gandhi in comparison yet i am being bullied into an apology when i am well within my rites to defend myself. I will not put up with his insulting remark and hence there is no apology on the horizon however if Gordon wishes to meet me half way then we can shake hands and get on with astronomy instead of wasting time.

Now it seems the judge and Jury have already made there decision. You may note that all my threads and posts on this forum have been of a polite and encouraging manner however Gordon provoked me and i counter attacked and that is the way of such things.

Im very disappointed in the direction this is going and its most ceratinly unfair and unjust.

Martin, I have read and re-read gordon's posts and I cannot see any insults there no matter how hard I look. He feels you were confused and said so, that to me, is not an insult. Your post on the other hand has no possible interpretation other than a clear personal insult.

I am very dissapointed that no appology appears to be forthcoming. If, by tomorrow there is no movement on this I will have to start using my moderators buttons and deleting the post and all posts that quote it. I don't like deleting stuff but I can't let personal insults go on the boards.

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 9 months ago #19695 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Drive you mad!
I have to say that I agree with you Bart.

Martin, I'm very dissapointed that you decided to "react" in the this manner.
I honestly cant see the problem in Gordons post either, you will always get people who have a different opinion to what you might think. I would never say to anyone that they do not have much to offer, no matter what perceived garbage might be in their posts.

The moderator will take action if there is a clear an deliberate insult in any post on these boards, if you felt insulted you should have PM'd the moderator immediately and reported the problem.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
18 years 9 months ago #19711 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Drive you mad!
I am certainly not confused Gordon and know exactly what i have said and what has been said to me however i wish this could be dropped now. I am not here to stir trouble nor did i want ro reply in the manner in which i did as that is not my way however i felt that you forced my hand some what. I do not wish to take this any further and dont want to waste my own time and everyone elses rocking the boat so Bart please do what you feel you got to do. Thanks

Dave yes i did feel insulted and did not know that i could approach a moderator to pass my thoughts to otherwise i would have. Thats all i have to say on the matter. This has taken up to much of my time already. Gordon...maybe you would like to add something?

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 9 months ago #19712 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Drive you mad!
Shane thanks for the last comments and yes we can move on...thats if no one objects?

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds