K-Tec

Saving the Celtic Tiger

More
18 years 3 months ago #29251 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Saving the Celtic Tiger

I just don't think people do listen when you go completly OTT like the email that was sent round about it to AI members. I think many people would react like I did and consider the whole thing a farce. It's important to get serious discussion of science and Astronomy out there but I don't think hyped up sensationalism does that, it actaully takes away from what was apparently a very valid message.

AI mails and announcements generally make me cringe. However to mix metaphors and posts, if you want the public face of amateur astronomy to be less like the 'news of the world' its kind of up to you (us?) to make it more 'Irish Timsey' :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #29259 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Saving the Celtic Tiger

I just don't think people do listen when you go completly OTT like the email that was sent round about it to AI members. I think many people would react like I did and consider the whole thing a farce. It's important to get serious discussion of science and Astronomy out there but I don't think hyped up sensationalism does that, it actaully takes away from what was apparently a very valid message.

AI mails and announcements generally make me cringe. However to mix metaphors and posts, if you want the public face of amateur astronomy to be less like the 'news of the world' its kind of up to you (us?) to make it more 'Irish Timsey' :-)

I could put on a posh accent on the podcast :) :wink:

Actually .... I don't think I could .... I can do an Indian accent though!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 3 months ago #29268 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Saving the Celtic Tiger

I could put on a posh accent on the podcast :) :wink:

Actually .... I don't think I could .... I can do an Indian accent though!

Dat wud nod be werry 'elpvul! :D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds