Customer Service

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 8 months ago #39049 by lunartic_old
Customer Service was created by lunartic_old
The week before Christmas I ordered a couple of items, one from England and the other from the US. The two main reasons I chose these two particular companies were:
1.They had what I was looking for.
2.They had been mentioned favourably on the IFAS website by members, so I reckoned I was onto a good thing.
I'll refrain from mentioning the company names.
The American company quickly got back and told me the particular item I was interested in was not in stock at the moment and would put the order on hold.
The English company had a two week international shipping deadline, and with Christmas interferring I gave it a little longer than a forthnight.
Three days ago I contacted both companies by e-mail to check on the status of each order, as of today neither had got back to me.
Now, I didn't want a detailed explanation, a simple, "the part is still on order," or a "the order is still being processed and expected to ship soon," would have sufficed.
We are spending our hard earned money with these companies and I believe that a reply is the least that we can expect, or am I expecting too much?
Business is all about good public relations and if a company begins to act in a haphazard manner word will spread.
I will give them both another couple of days and try again, if there is no satisfaction then a cancellation of the order might be required.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #39053 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Customer Service

We are spending our hard earned money with these companies and I believe that a reply is the least that we can expect, or am I expecting too much?

That's not too much to expect. Decent customer service is the least one should expect.

More
17 years 8 months ago #39054 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Customer Service
I read another post tonight (not on these boards) concenred with a lack of response from Telescope Service. It might be a coincidence if it is one of the companies you are dealing with. But then again it might not - and then its worrisome.

Three days with no response is a bit much - even a 'we got your mail' response would be some comfort.

Can you 'phone them?

Cheers
Dave

More
17 years 8 months ago #39058 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Customer Service
No, you're not expecting too much from them at all ..... in fact, I would have been grumpy after 24 hours! When I send an email to someone I am buying a service from I expect a response ASAP. Even if it is just an automated response telling you a ticked has been opened with X ID or a holding response like 'we are a little busy today but I'll look into your order and get back to you with the details in X days'. Basically ANYTHING to let me know that my email was not lost in the ether!

TBH I think that if you don't hear back soon you should name the companies, our members have a right to know, particularly since they are companies that have been recommended here before!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 8 months ago #39066 by Silversurfer
Replied by Silversurfer on topic Re: Customer Service
I'm a bit surprised to hear that Telescope Services are slow in replying to anybody. I have always gotten prompt and informative responses from Patrick to any of my queries or orders.

At the begining of November Telescope Services had a note on their that they would be slow in responding to emails for the next week as they were attending a nearby Astrofest, could this be the case here?

Martin

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead

More
17 years 8 months ago #39068 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Customer Service

I'm a bit surprised to hear that Telescope Services are slow in replying to anybody. I have always gotten prompt and informative responses from Patrick to any of my queries or orders.

Martin - I was honestly surprised because I've never heard a bad word about them. I only mentioned them in case it was one the companies Paul is dealing with and there was some genuine problem (all sick with 'flu).

I'd always give a reputable company the benefit of the doubt - once...

Dave

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds