K-Tec

Customer Service

More
17 years 8 months ago #39090 by jhoare
Replied by jhoare on topic Re: Customer Service
Is it possible that the person in question was complaining about a lack of response during the two weeks after Christmas or the first couple of days of this week? If so then he/she should have read the Telescope Service website more carefully - they were closed from the 24th of December until the 7th of January inclusive and after a two week holiday I don't think anyone should expect the usual quick response - there's bound to be a backlog.

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #39092 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Customer Service
Before we jump to conclusions lads and shoot Telescope Service, the companies mentioned in the original post were identified as English and American. Telescope Service are based in Germany.

More
17 years 8 months ago #39098 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Customer Service
Are there two companies - Telescope Service and Telescope Services? I'm sure the one mentioned was a US company...

More
17 years 8 months ago #39099 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Customer Service
Michael et al

there are two companies with the same name:

telescopeservice.com

telescope-service.com

The latter is the Germany company.
The former is a US company which is the subject of the post I mentioned.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 8 months ago #39107 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Customer Service
Hi all

There was no notification on either website about closure at Christmas, it has to be assumed that they were closed for one week at least, but seeing as both e-mails were sent this week I still should have heard something, unless they get better holidays than the teachers :wink:

I have decided to try once more today, if there are no replys then the orders will be cancelled and I will mention their names on this site.

As mentioned before one company is English and the other American, so Telescope-Service in Germany in not one of them, neither is it Telescopeservice in America.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 8 months ago #39128 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Customer Service
Sent another e-mail to the English company and still no reply, perhaps they don't work on Saturdays.
As for the American company, I ordered from Scopetronix and reading other comments by IFAS members and on the forum at Cloudynights, I am beginning to suspect that they might be out of business. Their ads no longer appear in Sky & Telescope which reinforces my belief.
To be on the safe side I am going to e-mail them and cancel the order.
Does anyone else out there have any additional info?

Paul

After I posted this message I put the Scopetronix name into a Google search and I discovered that SCSAstro in England are saying that the company is gone out of business. Mystery solved, and a pity that a supplier has folded.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds