K-Tec

Images in Signatures - we need your opinion

More
17 years 3 months ago #46569 by albertw

Any chance of a list of those "banned" words - or are they verboten - how can we know whats forbidden unless we can check the list?

No list that I know (I don't usually moderate with a rule book!) of but if you need to check then you probably don't want to use the word :-)

Basically don't write anything you wouldn't like your young daughter reading. Even if its not in English.

Some needs to clarify if that rule also applies to the private moderators forum. I haven't got banned yet so I guess it doesn't 8-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #46584 by jhoare
If I had a young daughter I'd be very disappointed if she only spoke English! Ach go n'eirigh an t'adh leat leis an ceist seo .

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 3 months ago #46586 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Images in Signatures - we need your opinion

Any chance of a list of those "banned" words - or are they verboten - how can we know whats forbidden unless we can check the list?

It's in the admin section of the boards. We can add bad words to be blocked (the usual ones apply), and add new ones as we go along, such a derivatives using '@' instead of 'a' etc.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 3 months ago #46609 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: Images in Signatures - we need your opinion

It's in the admin section of the boards. We can add bad words to be blocked (the usual ones apply), and add new ones as we go along, such a derivatives using '@' instead of 'a' etc.

Of course - I should have known better. Just like the SPAM blocker rules on my firewalls, I often update them to catch variations like \/iagra - made up of \ and / etc.
And here was me thinking you mods spent yer whole time eyeballing for smut.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds