K-Tec

Huge beam of light in south Dublin

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #50567 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Huge beam of light in south Dublin

Possibly the Three Rock Hockey / sports Club - I know they used to be big culprets for light polution... the varmints!

Phil.

Interesting possibility, Three rock mountain is west from my house and only visible from the front of the house whereas the light is directly north and only visible from the back of the house. Do you know exactly where that club is? Would it be all the way down in the Leopardstown area?

This light has provoked intense curiosity in me!

Here's a map of where the hockey club is located... courtesy of Three Rock Rovers Hockey Club! It gives good general coverage of south Dublin also.

www.threerockhc.com/WebSite/Templates/Su...d=38&subsecid=97

Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #50568 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: Huge beam of light in south Dublin
I don't think it's Three Rock. They are SW of my location (Dundrum) and this beam is SE.

Michael.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #50573 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Huge beam of light in south Dublin

Seriously, it can't be legal to pollute the sky any more than it is legal to pollute the ground, can it? Don't people neeed permission to install something like that?

There is no law against it. At best they will have had to get some permission from the gardai and checked with Dublin Air Traffic Control.

Anyone find a location yet? I've been away.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #50577 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: Huge beam of light in south Dublin
I think it's the new Dunnes Stores, at least it looks to be comming from that area. there are a number of new shops and what not going in down there just at the Beacon Court, and i think its just being used to lure hapless consumers and their money to the shops!

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #50658 by Karl2oo7
Replied by Karl2oo7 on topic Re: Huge beam of light in south Dublin
There was a giant white light beam towering into the night skies for the past 2 weeks but is gone now, it was beside where I live in Lucan. Dunno if thats what you's are on about. It was a fun fair.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #50687 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Huge beam of light in south Dublin

There was a giant white light beam towering into the night skies for the past 2 weeks but is gone now, it was beside where I live in Lucan. Dunno if thats what you's are on about. It was a fun fair.

I think that's what I was seeing from Maynooth. Cheers.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds