K-Tec

Pack away those scopes -- a wet summer is forecast

More
16 years 5 months ago #66116 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Pack away those scopes -- a wet summer is forecast

I've just checked Metcheck and it is forecasting 0% cloud cover all week. Either the site is bust or I'm dreaming. - :)

And THIS time I don't think our good luck has anything to do with the American economy.

Joking aside, we had a similar spell this time last year, which gave the predictions for a hot summer... and we all know how that turned out to be.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #66151 by JohnMurphy

Something very weird is going on.
Last night was a nice clear sky.
I've just checked Metcheck and it is forecasting 0% cloud cover all week. Either the site is bust or I'm dreaming. - :)

Obviously Metcheck was bust - it seems to be working properly again as its full of clouds - ah well, you live in hope :?

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 5 months ago #66236 by lunartic_old
The summer holds great sights Paul, with Cygnus high at the zenith and Scorpius and Sagittarius low to the south there's so much to see and it would be a shame not to have the scope out.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
16 years 5 months ago #66241 by Mike
I have to disagree with you Paul
As the guys mentioned, there is lots to observe, doesn’t matter if it is with the naked eye, binoculars or telescope! The Moon is always a great target any time of the year when it is visible in the skies! Get that scope out and start observing and learning Lunar features, you could take up the Lunar 100 challenge that should keep you going for a while, including the summer period and beyond!
Does that mean the Vixen VMC200L will be gathering dust under the stairs when it arrives?

Clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

More
16 years 5 months ago #66364 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Pack away those scopes -- a wet summer is forecast
I was joking. Lots to see during the summer......................

Just means starting later then usual and not getting to bed before 4am.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 5 months ago #66379 by Calibos
Summer won't affect my viewing habits that much at all. With evening work shifts, Winter or Summer I can't get out observing till at least 10pm anyway and a 2-3am finish holds no fear for getting up for work in the morning because.....I work Evening shifts :D

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds