K-Tec

Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines

More
16 years 4 months ago #68048 by Mike
Hi Al, just some feedback

Regarding the sizing of the 1000px image, it’s felgercarb on my modest monitor of 15”; it’s simply too wide and I have to scroll across which is irritating on most occasions. The 800px image does not seem to cause this problem for me and the layout of the discussion thread would be aesthetically pleasing and functional to me. I hope we don’t have a poll to find out about monitor sizes IFAS forum members are using! :)

Clear skies
Mike

BTW: Nice images

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paulevans
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #68049 by paulevans
Since the addition of the 1000px image this thread now has a horizontal scroll bar which others don't, however it only moves about 20 pixels or so.

17" TFT 1280x1024 IE6

More
16 years 4 months ago #68050 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines
Hi Al,

Both images are fine for me but then I'm using a 20" widescreen monitor at 1280 x 768.

Michael.

More
16 years 4 months ago #68051 by artyfarty
The first image is perfect, the second image requires me to scroll across the page.

So far 26 people have voted and only 1 has a problem with the proposed size, can we drop this topic now? :roll:

I will say one thing about all this, it has got people talking instead of just admiring (fantastic) photos :lol:

More
16 years 4 months ago #68052 by albertw

So far 26 people have voted and only 1 has a problem with the proposed size, can we drop this topic now? :roll:

Nah, lets have another poll :lol:

I will say one thing about all this, it has got people talking instead of just admiring (fantastic) photos :lol:

I'd rather admire I think! The read count really goes up on threads like this; you'd think some people log in just to see an argument :lol:

Anyway, yea there seems to be general consensus. If people find they have an image that is suitably spectacular and doesn't show up well at 800px then post it up to say 1000px; but the strong preference is to post something under 800 and link to the higher res images.

The mods will be using a fair bit of common sense applying this so please also use a bit of common sense when positing pics :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 4 months ago #68057 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines
I can see both fine, with room to spare on the right.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds