K-Tec

Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines

More
16 years 4 months ago #68063 by phoenix

I'd rather admire I think! The read count really goes up on threads like this; you'd think some people log in just to see an argument

Its better than the usual TV soaps. How about a weekly argument that progresses with a gradual build up of tension, culminating in a cliffhanging moment on a Friday night at which point just lock the thread till Monday :lol:

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #68065 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines
On my PC monitor and laptop screen (bth at 1024 X 768) I have to scroll for the 1000px image.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 4 months ago #68089 by JohnMurphy

Its better than the usual TV soaps. How about a weekly argument that progresses with a gradual build up of tension, culminating in a cliffhanging moment on a Friday night at which point just lock the thread till Monday

:D :D :D

Anyway, yea there seems to be general consensus. If people find they have an image that is suitably spectacular and doesn't show up well at 800px then post it up to say 1000px; but the strong preference is to post something under 800 and link to the higher res images.

The mods will be using a fair bit of common sense applying this so please also use a bit of common sense when positing pics

Fine by me, all I was asking was that the guidelines not be made a hard rule.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 4 months ago #68102 by Vagelis Tsamis
Replied by Vagelis Tsamis on topic Re: Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines

Anyway, yea there seems to be general consensus. If people find they have an image that is suitably spectacular and doesn't show up well at 800px then post it up to say 1000px; but the strong preference is to post something under 800 and link to the higher res images.

The mods will be using a fair bit of common sense applying this so please also use a bit of common sense when positing pics :-)

Fair enough.

I have to scroll for the bottom one too ... a boring task sometimes. It's not just the image, it's the forum buttons that need scrolling to show up, too.
But if an image is worth it, that's OK.

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

More
16 years 4 months ago #68173 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Do you object to our new Image Size Guidelines

It's not just the image, it's the forum buttons that need scrolling to show up, too.

Might you have a smaller resolution set Vagelis, like 800 X 600 pixels? 1024 X 768 is the norm, but not the de facto.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 4 months ago #68181 by albertw

It's not just the image, it's the forum buttons that need scrolling to show up, too.

Might you have a smaller resolution set Vagelis, like 800 X 600 pixels? 1024 X 768 is the norm, but not the de facto.

If you have a big image the buttons are also pushed over.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds