K-Tec

Galway Astronomy fest Jan27 07 aka (Connaught Starparty)

More
17 years 8 months ago #40037 by Seanie_Morris

It was a great day but very tiring! i couldnt believe the cloud cover! EVERY YEAR!

Nope, last year we had a very cold icy frost by 1am! I nearly slipped on black ice on the walk back to the B&B at that time!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #40038 by eansbro
Congrats to the organizers and everyone else who made this weekends successful Galway Star Party.

Good to meet new faces. Excellent gala dinner! A thoroughly enjoyable weekend! Looking forward to next year.

Eamonn A

More
17 years 8 months ago #40043 by TrevorDurity
Hey there, thanks to all the organisers of the fest.

That was one excellent day! Ye really outdid yourselves.

Trev

More
17 years 8 months ago #40055 by astroguy
Very enjoyable day. Thanks to the organisers.

Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

More
17 years 8 months ago #40072 by nectarine
Really enjoyed the weekend. Well done to Ronan and everyone in Galway who organised such a great starparty.

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

• galwayskywatchers
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 8 months ago #40149 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Galway Astronomy fest Jan27 07 aka (Connaught Starparty)
Just want to say a sincere thanks for everyone who attended the Galway Astronomy Fest and especially to those who travelled long distances. The day was one of the best with attendence topping the 110 mark over the day. I hope everyone enjoyed the talks, i am sure everyone has ther own personal favourite. Lucie Green gave an interesting insight into the workings of our star with some amazing images from TRACE and SOHO.
Chris Dainty opened our eyes to adaptive optics even for medical purposes.

Aaron Golden was a standout, What a talk that has forever changed our views on Brown dwarfs. I must congratulate him and his team at NUI Galway on this amazing discovery. Dick Butler, no one has heard of him before but another very interesting talk, i was really impressed on his views of frozen water on Titan

Thanks to all who stayed for the gala dinner and to John Flannery for his light hearted talk and to Dave Grennan for his wonderful images and talk.

Next year is slated for Jan 26th

Thanks again

Ronan Newman &
GAC Committee

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds