3rd Ballycullen Star Party

• carlobeirnes
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
More
15 years 8 months ago #76262 by carlobeirnes
Replied by carlobeirnes on topic Re:3rd Ballycullen Star Party
Hi Guys & Girls

Just want to say best off luck tonight. You are all doing a great job at the club in promoting this hobby of ours good luck from Me.

Carl.

Carl O’Beirnes,
Scopes and Space Ltd,
Unit A8 Airside Enterprise Centre,
Swords, Co Dublin,
Ireland.
www.scopesandspace.ie/
www.facebook.com/scopesandspace
twitter.com/ScopesandSpace
www.youtube.com/user/ScopesandSpace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #76273 by calchas
Replied by calchas on topic Re:3rd Ballycullen Star Party
John and all that turned up Friday

Just to say thanks for organising this. I had a great time both chatting the the astonomy folks and the kids + parents. It would have been a great night sitting in the back garden trying to image, however getting the chance to put that 'wow' face on a few of the younger kids was fantastic.

All the best
Steve

More
15 years 8 months ago #76278 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:3rd Ballycullen Star Party
Had a great night, the sounds of delight from the children, and parents, when they viewed the moon was worth standing in the cold.

It was a fun evening and thanks to John for the coffee and biscuits, and the rest of the lads for the chat.

Chalk me in for the next one.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• JohnMurphy
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #76284 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re:3rd Ballycullen Star Party
This has been a great success. The response from the public was great. Get a copy of the Tallaght Echo on Tuesday for some good pics, in the meantime you'll have to make do with my meager efforts.
A million thanks to everyone who brought a scope - these events don't just happen - people have to give their time and get off their @rs€, and I really appreciate that they did. Friday night we had plenty of support - Dave Brannigan, Paul, Steve, James Kelly, Alec Cowan, Simon - really sorry if I forget anyone I really am bad at names and stuff like this and I really appreciate the effort everyone made. We had some dedicated people who couldn't make it due to illness and accident and that happens too. Saturday night we thought we'd be clouded out but guess what it was clear, but I wasn't really prepared, so a few of the hard core really dedicated came to my rescue - Dave, Michael, and a late arriver Stuart. A hundred hours of astronomy? - well here's six. At this rate 100 will come quick.
[img

[img

[img

[img

[img

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
IAS
Check out My Photos

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by JohnMurphy.

More
15 years 8 months ago #76287 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re:3rd Ballycullen Star Party
I was glad to help out John. It's really great to see the reaction of the smaller kids to what they see. Saturn, even as badly placed as it was, generated great reactions.

You were lucky with the weather - the car is stuck in the driveway again this morning:) . I just off to round up the huskies and mush my way down to the shops.

Michael.

More
15 years 8 months ago #76294 by james335k
Replied by james335k on topic Re:3rd Ballycullen Star Party
Thank you for an excellent and fun evening John. It's always a great experience helping out at these events. :)

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds