K-Tec

IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010 - and the winner is...

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #87713 by DaveGrennan
peterako wrote:

What's in pipeline for 2011?? :)

Thanks again for all the good wishes guys.

Peter, for 2011 the most obvious plan is to discover #2. I even thought I might have gotten it a couple of nights back, but it didnt check out in the end. I will be spending time refining the software and the processes to make the search more efficient. Also spectroscopy is a goal which I've been dabbling in and i'd like to take that a step further in 2011. I read this a while back and was blown away by the concept of an amateur detecting an exoplanet using the radial velocity method. It might be a couple of years yet but i'd dearly love to do this.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by DaveGrennan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88097 by swkerry
Yaaaaaahoooooooooooooo,

Well done from us down in the the Kerry Sticks (South Kerry Astronomy Group) any chance you can come down and give us a lecture:D We'd love to hear your story first hand.

Have kept a log on the viewing nights down in this part of the world for January 2011 and the total is 14 really good nights...can anyone beat that?

• DaveGrennan
More
13 years 8 months ago #88101 by DaveGrennan
Thanks for the good wishes from the south western brothers. Yep I'd love to come down and give a talk sometime drop a line anytime. 14 good nights in south kerry that must be a record. I doubt if even the sunny south eastern fraternity could beat that one.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds