K-Tec

Sugarloaf Observing Session Saturday Night

More
12 years 8 months ago #92390 by Calibos
Maybe half of Daves group are probably Bino only. Still probably means at least 12 scopes and that's probably still a record!

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #92391 by flt158
It looks like we are in for a great night as long as the skies get clear from the afternoon onwards. I am aiming to be at the carpark at 7pm.

Aubrey.

More
12 years 8 months ago #92393 by Calibos
Well, after I finished work at 10pm I began work on the scope and worked through the night and I think I managed to get the dob into a usable state so I'll be bringing the 16". I've still got the oul equatorial platform from my Orion xt12i days (haven't sold it yet), so I've got tracking sorted and I'm am about wire a switch to my GLP and duct tape it to the F80 on the small goto mount so I should have a virtual DSC of sorts :D If the weather doesn't play ball, I think I'll collapse into an exhausted weeping heap :D

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
12 years 8 months ago #92394 by flt158
Met eireann appear to be guaranteeing clear skies tonight. It's about time they got it right!

Aubrey.

More
12 years 8 months ago #92395 by Nerro

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
12 years 8 months ago #92396 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Sugarloaf Observing Session Saturday Night
I think we might need a parking attendant. :laugh:

Personally I won't be bringing along my scope, I want to set up my camera and try to capture some constellation images, experiment and see what comes of it.

Of course I will be only too happy to look through any of the wonderful scopes that will be in display.

I look forward to seeing a carbon star as I don't think I've ever seen one before.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds