K-Tec

Astronomy Ireland Nationwide Mars Watch 29th March

More
12 years 6 months ago #93167 by Reggy
Thats very interesting Dave I did not know the club and shop were on different footings. To be honest I'd be surprised if there wasn't a trading standards issue in there somewhere as that could be very confusing for people as they appear very closely intertwined. I have seen something similar before where an "independent francise body and magazine" was run out of a large master franchise owner's office.

As I remarked in my above post the hard work and enormous dedication of the volunteers that run non-profit organisations often goes unnoticed aswell as unremunerated. This is often even more evident when business interests are involved.

Apart from complete separation it will be very difficult to resolve the situation but as you say people can only run with their own experiences, I think this one will run for some time to come.

Regards, Reggy :-) :gramps:

William Optics FLT 110 DDG Triplet APO
TBM Field Flattener
Celestron CGE Pro
Celestron 2" eyepiece set
Nikon D90

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #93168 by Calibos
I'm wary of entering this debate after previous comments of mine in another similar thread (Star-B-Q) thread upset Carl and Dave Grennan. They took personally critiscisms that were really aimed at DM, event rules he had in place and the blurred lines between AI and Astronomy and Space. I have a myriad of issues with the way AI/A&S did some things in the past some of which some have been resolved but some of which remain. I've a feeling any critiscisms I have are down to policy made by DM. I've a feeling its the likes of Carl and Dave that are responsible for all the positive changes made so far so I wish they wouldn't take any critiscism of AI/A&S personally.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

• GLIESE 581G
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #93169 by GLIESE 581G
calibos i think i should just come clean and get everything off my chest when i was starting
out in astronomy i went out their with 3000 euro in hand a hardcore astronomy addict still
am i bought a CG-5 and C-11 for 2545 euro also a set of 1.25 eyepieaces for 200 euro then left
on my own to work it no help but this is life after six months i was flying.

then i decided i needed a bigger mount but before that i bought a little 72mm WO from here
i loved it so much amazing view and brightness so after that i said thats it im going to get
big apo and a good mount i got tired of collimating the C-11 SCT anyway we dont have the skys
for a C-11 anyway with the seeing so i traded it in the same scope and mount i bought off them
about 15 months ago for 2545 euro i was offered 1100 euro the only reason i took it was i ran
out of money both scope and mount were like new the same guy who sold it too me a red haired
guy pretends he doesnt know me then starts saying oh the motors are wore and the vixan bar is
scratched i knew this was all just to drive down the price they were really trying to give me
1000 euro then carl the guy i know said i try get them to give you 1100 i knew i was being
robbed but i needed the money for the mount the cgem dx.

but what really drove me off the edge was when i when to the mars event i believe it was meant
to happen i turned up late at 9.30 got talking to a guy with a guess what a CG-5 and a C-11
their was also another C-11 their as well and other scopes so as i was talking him i said where
did you buy it he says astronomy ireland i said my god i traded mine in for 1100 euro i looked
down and you would not believe it it was my scope and mount he said how do you know i said
take off counterweight bar their should be a scratch on top where i droped it we looked with his
torch it was there then i said look at the cover where you put on the mirror cover their should be
a little clip missing there was he said ok its yours i asked him how much did you buy it for he said
2100 they told him it was from the showroom when it was really mine they must of put on a new vixan
bar on it cleaned it and then sold it as nearly new saying it was from the showroom now you can see
why im a little angry at AI then all the other stuff i hear and see by other people.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by GLIESE 581G.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds