K-Tec

Photographic Star Atlas??

More
19 years 4 months ago #11914 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Photographic Star Atlas??
Count me in for the deep sky stuff. Looks like a 4" apo is on the cards...

Cheers

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11916 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Photographic Star Atlas??

Bart - Can we make a simple folder to house all, this, or- would it crash and burn due to bandwidth issues if too many photos are posted?

We can give it a go!

If it gets too popular way may need to move the actaul files off site like we did for the Challenges but we can cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 4 months ago #11917 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Photographic Star Atlas??
hi guys,

no problemo helping out . . . I don't have a DSLR though but can maybe help labelling images, etc.

the suggestion was driven by this site that I came across a couple of years ago - www.mikeoates.org/mas/projects/starfile35/ which is a similar project to create a photographic star atlas. The images were taken on slide film rather than with a DSLR which would nowadays make it something even a lone astrophotographer could do in the space of a year or two. Of course there would be a fair bit of pre-planning required.

I guess if we were to seriously tackle this then we'd need to also look at maybe dividing up the sky between a number of photographers, logging different exposed images (re: the suggestion of the sky from light-polluted/dark sky areas), and defining a set of standard processing techniques/image scales, etc. for the resultant images.

another opportunity to meet for a jar somewhere???

atb,

John

More
19 years 4 months ago #11928 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Photographic Star Atlas??
This sounds interesting! I might try and give it a go too, with some film shots of constellations. I tried before, and with ISO800 and higher, a 60 second photo comes out pretty good. It will also help take away from you digital heads!

:P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11936 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Photographic Star Atlas??
kildareastronomy.com/gallery/constellations

Just to get the ball rolling, here are a few conatellations photos I took over the last couple of days.

BTW, what do people think of me drawing in the constellations? Good idea or bad idea?

More
19 years 4 months ago #11937 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Photographic Star Atlas??
Michael - I think that's the type of wide-field being talked about. And I like the added constellation lines. I guess we really need someone to take up the gauntlet and co-ordinate this effort. Any takers?

Cheers

dave mcd

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds