K-Tec

ISS solar transit from Dublin next Saturday?

More
19 years 3 months ago #12346 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: ISS Challenge???

Hey Albert,
would this qualify as an attempt at the ISS Observing Challenge?

If you image it then yes it would count as part of the challenge :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12347 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: ISS solar transit from Dublin next Saturday?
So, you're sayin' that if people download the ISS Challenge from the Observing folder in the Files Section, they'll get more info?

:P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• cobyrne
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 3 months ago #12457 by cobyrne
Replied by cobyrne on topic Another one Bank Holiday Monday
Well, wouldn't ya know it - skies cleared just a few minutes before the transit EXCEPT that a cloud covered the sun for just a FEW DAMN SECONDS at the time of the transit! :evil:

Anyway, it looks like we might get another chance on Bank Holiday Monday just before 11:40. Send me a private message if you are interested in the details.

A transit of the ISS would look like a small black dot moving very very quickly across the face of the Sun. It lasts for a maximum of about 1/2 second! However, it's an "interesting" observational, timing, navigational and cloud-avoiding challenge.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12460 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Another one Bank Holiday Monday

it looks like we might get another chance on Bank Holiday Monday just before 11:40. Send me a private message if you are interested in the details.

Sorry to hear you just missed out Chris! It was cloudy here for much of the afternoon, so I didn't give it a second thought myself.

you should make the details public regardless - it can only be good. Into the Observations forum I think?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds