K-Tec

2005 Irish Astronomy Astronomer of the Year

More
18 years 8 months ago #21453 by Conor
Martin BIG BIG congrats and a well deserved award!!! :)
I would just like to thank you again for getting me into astronomy 2years ago and you were the one who encouraged me to get a scope/camera and to actually be out there on them long winter nights. I look so forward to the furture to when i am able to know the sky off my heart and name comet/messiar and object as i am going to stick to this hobbie and nothing is going to get in my road, i really want to end up somewhere in the furtue where you are now ;)

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #21457 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: 2005 Irish Astronomy Astronomer of the Year
Thanks Conor :D

My goodness we have obtained some priceless memories and seen some amazing things these last 2 years. All those meteor watches, Aurorae, fireballs, lightning, imaging, Comets Neat and Machholz , T7 refurbishment and countless all night sessions even when there was no big events happening. These were all fond memories :D

There will be plenty more to come and i know that you will be getting into imaging in a big way in the future with GO-TOs and CCDs, all sky cams etc. I look forward to the results! * Take good care of C1, i have never seen should a good quality scope of that size before.

I have a good feeling about this year!

Clear skies

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 8 months ago #21460 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: 2005 Irish Astronomy Astronomer of the Year
Congratulations Martin, well done! :)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 8 months ago #21466 by martinastro
Thanks Seannie :D

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 8 months ago #21548 by markdj
Congratulations Martin for receiving the IFAS astronomer of the year award for 2005. Your tireless observing and dedication to astronomy is well known and this award is a great way of encouraging dedicated astronomers every year.

Congratulations and Dark Skies for 2006

Mark Stronge
EAAS Chairman

More
18 years 8 months ago #21549 by martinastro
Thanks very much Mark for that as well as your help and support!

Clear skies!

Martin Mc Kenna

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds