K-Tec

How do you access this site?

More
16 years 4 months ago #67997 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: How do you access this site?
There's no point scrolling back through time to before the guidelines were put in. Just because there are big images posted in the past does NOT mean that those images would have been lost had the guidelines been in place. The users in question could have uploaded images within the guidelines and put up a link to the full sized version. Or just put up a link to the full sized version.

You know something, I'm tired of this BS. This poll is pointless. I'm starting one of my one. One without a hidden meaning.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JohnMurphy
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 4 months ago #68005 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: How do you access this site?

There's no point scrolling back through time to before the guidelines were put in.

Actually they are all from April and May.
You know what - I'm obviously fighting a losing battle here.
I have been polite (as far as I can tell), yet I have been attacked by at least 2 moderators, including some bad language.
I am not trying to cause a fight I am only aruing in what I think is best for this site - i.e. the current status quo (where moderators ask the poster to amend his post if an image is too big). Guidelines are fine but they should not be made into rules.
I now notice that the original post that started all this has been necked (what's going on?). I think I'll be following Declan to this new site (sadly). :cry:

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 4 months ago #68006 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: How do you access this site?
Firstly, the original posts have not been deleted. One of the mods split the arguments about the guidelines off into a separate thread so that the announcement would be kept clean.

Secondly, John, if you have quotations to back up the accusation of bad language I'll look into them. Also, if there have been unfair personal attacks again provide me the quotations and I'll look into them too.

All I've seen is people questioning your motives for starting this thread and I have to say I agree with them and don't consider that point of view to be out of order. If you disagree please appeal to another mod.

If you feel you must leave then off you go. I personally don't care. We work hard here and do our best to run a clean shop and attempt to facilitate open and free discussion on all matters astronomical. We try to mod as little as possible and we only implement rules and guidelines when they are actually needed. If you don't hold to those principles or think we've failed at upholding them then I wish you the best of luck elsewhere on the internet. I'm not going to loose any sleep over whether or not you like us.

Now, since I've started a new thread explicitly about the sub-text of this thread I'm going to ask everyone to take discussions on the image guidelines there instead: www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8726 .

I'm leaving this thread open but ONLY to discussion issues related to how people connect to the internet. Any further posts about the image guidelines in this thread will be deleted.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 4 months ago #68012 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: How do you access this site?

yet I have been attacked by at least 2 moderators, including some bad language.

John - be careful. Read back through the posts in this thread - I think you may have attacked the mods and also used socially unacceptable language. If you wish an independent mod to review the posts, he/she will also review posts that you made also...

I am only aruing in what I think is best for this site - i.e. the current status quo (where moderators ask the poster to amend his post if an image is too big). Guidelines are fine but they should not be made into rules.

John - that's a fine and upstanding contribution - but I think you may have had an teeny eeensy weeney hidden agenda? And as for the guideleines - they're not rules - that's why they're called, err, guidelines :D

I think I'll be following Declan to this new site (sadly). :cry:

Ahh, c'mon John, it ain't that bad. I've seen worse carnage here usually involving another Astronomy club, err, shop, err, magazine :wink: You're a great contributor - it would be a shame to see you go - even worse, over handbags :cry:

You'll get over it - until you post an 600K image :lol:

• JohnMurphy
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 4 months ago #68095 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: How do you access this site?

but I think you may have had an teeny eeensy weeney hidden agenda?

Funnily enough your not the only one to have said that, though I don't know how it has been inferred from anything I've said. If there is a hidden agenda it is pretty deeply hidden, as even I don't know about it (or me :) ) Ask the person who first mentioned hidden agendas as maybe he has a better idea?

Anyway enough of this - it seems to have been decided that the guidelines will not be made into rules, but will remain as guidelines - which is all I was arguing for in the first place.

I would like to stress that no furry animals or trees were harmed in this production.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 4 months ago #68097 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: How do you access this site?
Fair enough John - glad you see that the mods will implement the guidelines with due respect to posters and in fairness. And that all flaura and fauna in South Dublin can rest in continuing peace :wink:

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds