K-Tec

Solstice meeting??

More
19 years 7 months ago #8717 by astroguy
Replied by astroguy on topic Re: Solstice meeting??
Armagh will be fine for a one-off and to see the planetarium, but for thr midsummer meeting some mid IReland location would be prefarable.

Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #8718 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Solstice meeting??
I'm game wherever the event is and whether there are official talks or just banter.

Would someone like to take the reins and put up a new topic and voting buttons so we can see where the most democratic location is? Or would it be better left to nearer the time?

Dave

More
19 years 7 months ago #8719 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Solstice meeting??

Regarding Tullamore, are we talking about the Tullamore observatory site??

We are Dave! Its about 2 miles from the town, so we do get good dark southern skies. I'll show you all at Cosmos if ye all come...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• galwayskywatchers
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 7 months ago #8725 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Solstice meeting??
We are not going to see any southern sky objects in the middle of June seanie,you better cut down those trees facing North if we are to get to see those elusive Noctilucent clouds. Going back to my original idea it was along the lines of an IFAS convention not that there is one but there could be if people put their minds together. I dont think sitting around a camp fire like a load of farting Cowboys in "Blazing Saddels" is much of a convention. People will laugh at us and only the die hards like ourselves will turn up. But yes the TAS observatory would be nice.

Ronan Newman

More
19 years 7 months ago #8727 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Solstice meeting??
Well, without nailing the TAS site as the place to go, why not work on the details yourself Ron? Make a new forum and see what ideas you get for location, type of event, back up if weather turns bad, is there a charge etc?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 7 months ago #8728 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Solstice meeting??

Going back to my original idea it was along the lines of an IFAS convention not that there is one but there could be if people put their minds together.

Organising the connaught star party not enough work for you Ronan? :)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds