K-Tec

Fireball biggest i have ever seen observed at 12:28am

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 7 months ago #9116 by Conor
im 15 years old! done 13hours 40min in the gemnid watch! i bet more than you done and anybody else on this site! :D and any body else you know!!! ! 3 nights in persids and i have seen alot and i mean alot of fireballs & metors and you can run this past the EAAS.!
eaas.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=gen...y&num=1103034077
and i do know what i am talking about,i do alot of observing as you may check on the EAAS form! :wink:

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #9117 by James Butler
:roll:

James Butler

Astronomy Diary - astronomy-diary.blogspot.com/

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 7 months ago #9119 by Conor
Happy to hear it! aww dont get annoyed its not my fault i have done
so much observing in metor showers,mabey more than you...Its not your fault im sure you have other things to do? Telling your knowledge to others and who is right! im also speaking for Marty who is an experienced person thanks again :wink:

More
19 years 7 months ago #9121 by Seanie_Morris
Um, methinks some one is on their high horse, patting themselves on the back a bit too much for a young man who says he has logged the most hours and all that.

Conor, you came looking for advice amd suggestions, thats all we are giving you. You seem to think that some of us more-experienced observers are condescending towards you - uh, that means treating you like you don't know what you are talking about because you are 15 years old (I use sarcasm there, its only a joke! :wink: ).

I have been observing the Persids every year since 1990 myself, both optically and by radio. That might seem like a lot, but there are others here who have put in more than me again! And there are a few of us here who have quite a number of feathers in our caps, because we are more experienced observers than you - and most of us are young too!

:wink:

Take a chill pill and relax my friend!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 7 months ago #9123 by Conor
I have no problem with you :D . I would think greatly that you would know alot more than me and you are alot alot more experienced than me! But it is James who has been very impolite to me and acting the Mr know it all! :x
from the very first time i set a post on this form he has come out with a smart comment which i hope and would not think it has showed up your club because somebody has taking things to serious! I was so shocked! :shock:
And where did your post go James of where you were making a smart comment of my writing? and why did you change all your posts to faces? :?: .I hope that you have realised my report was to let you know what had happened and not to get you fired up james!!!
:) :) :)

More
19 years 7 months ago #9157 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Conors Fireball!
Hi all

This is my first post on this forum. I have been reading through the archives studying the many varied observations it contains and find them impressive and fasinating. After reading about the out cry Conors fireball sighting has started i feel i need to step in and defend him. I was the other witness to this spectacular event, i was beside Conor when we both seen it. Even though the debate is raging over this objects identity i can say with a high degree of confidence that this was a fireball/Bolide and not a ligtning strike. I have seen countless fireballs over the years, i have seen 15 during 2004 alone, of which 8 could be seen through clouds and lit up the surrounding country side like daytime, some where followed by a sonic boom and some left glowing smoke trails in the earths atmos for over 15mins. How did i know they where fireballs if it was cloudy?...because there where clear patches, also i seen the object move behind clouds and do its business. We know for a fact that there was both lightning and fireball activity on that night however i feel it was not lightning, i detected motion of the light before it vanished. I realise this matter will never be put to rest so we will have to agree to disagree here. Its nature is not the reason i have sent this post, the real reason is to show my absolute shock at the comments of Mr James Butler. Conor is a young and very keen observer of the night sky, he observes with me on most nights of the year which for us is every clear night at all hours of the night, i find this dedication commendable. Myself and everyone else in our astronomical society do our best at giving him encouragement. He sent his sighting here hoping for other witnesses and for friendly advice from other like minded observers but it seems to me he was verbally attacked on his very first post. Your comment on the delay of his report was a sad affair from a mature man, for your information he reported his sighting minutes after he witnessed it to our own forum and other sources which i also did myself so perhaps you should get your facts sorted out before making accusations that made an innocent young observer look foolish. You where certainly out of order and i am glad you represent the minority of astronomers rather than the majority! This does not include everyone else on this forum who have been friendly and helpfull so i thank you for being patient with this whole matter. There are so few young people into astronomy these days, they should be encouraged (wether they are right or wrong) not beat to the ground when they get excited by an astronomical event. This is not a peronnal attack James however i feel you should have choosen your words better. To everyone else....keep up the good work!!

Clear Skies!

Martin

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds