K-Tec

OT Does anyone have serious high level entry at Eircom?

• astroguy
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 6 months ago #9767 by astroguy
I was with Bill H near Oldcastle, Co Meath last weekend and I helped him set up his PC with his scope etc in return for some soup.
I was apalled however by the state of his internet connection. It crawles along like a snail at 14.4Kbs. The quality of his line is abismal and he can't even get ISDN.
Aparently Eirom has promised him several times to look at it, even by letter but nothing has been happening during the last two years.

Anybody any advice?

Regards

Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9768 by dmcdona
Sorry - I have no connections at Eircom but I suggest that a constant supply of email requests (say one a day) to the customer service department might weary them into submission. If no response is forthcoming then, like most large organisations, I'm sure there must be a heirarchy of dealing with customer complaints - the key is to get to the top as quickly as possible. But do keep a record of all correspondance...

Dave McD

More
19 years 6 months ago #9769 by michaeloconnell
In rural areas, the connection speed is awful. At my parents place in kerry it's about 10kbps. I have seen little adaptors in pcworld which are a surge protector and noise filter in one. They claim they can increase internet speed if the line is noisy. Anyone have one? Do they work as advertised?

More
19 years 6 months ago #9770 by Bill_H
Hi Dave, I tried that, unfortunately I wearied before them and just gave up. I bombarded with mail AND telephone calls, they just stopped responding, never even acknowledging my emails. At one point, I'm sure just to put me off, and I'm not joking, I was bombarded by them with read reciepts, about 15 per day at times and they continued for two or three months. It was as if they were saying, this is what we will do to you if you keep complaining. They now only claim to have about two of my complaints on record and no email records!
When I do get to speak to someone, they just say "Yes, that fault is recorded, it's to be fixed within the next four days". but nothing happens. I phone again and get fobbed off again.
An engineer told me they really aren't interested in rural areas because they don't make money in them.
Making telephone calls is horrendous with static as well.
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9771 by ei7ix
No contacts here either :-(
FYI, in this age of digital communications, Eircon are only obliged to provide a line capable of voice communication, so don't hold your breath !
Digiweb ( www.digiweb.ie ) have wireless broadband live in Virginia and are planning on going live soon in Kells. Depending on the local topography it may be an option. Could be worthwhile dropping them an email on the subject.

Dermot

Dermot

More
19 years 6 months ago #9772 by dmcdona
Hi Bill - sounds like you've been through the mill...

Try www.askcomreg.ie/home/default.asp

This is the Telecoms Watchdog - seems like they can assist you if your complaints have fallen on deaf ears...

Its online of course... :roll:

Cheers

Dave McD

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds