K-Tec

OT Does anyone have serious high level entry at Eircom?

More
19 years 6 months ago #9773 by Bill_H
Cheers Dave, I will give it a whirl. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9774 by dmcdona
Bill - to maybe save you some time, go to Eircom.ie and check out their complaints procedure - follow the links starting out 'customer service'. This tells you how to complain, how long it will take and what to do if you're not satisfied. Typically they get 10 working days. And if the issue is not resolved to *your* satisfaction, you can claim a rebate and then get Comreg involved.

And as far as I can tell, ISP's come under Comreg's remit. There's stuff about the Internet all over their website so I assume they must regulate it somehow. Besides, you are paying for a service from Eircom - you deserve to receive a satisfactory service for the money you pay.

Best of luck!

Cheers

Dave McD

• astroguy
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 6 months ago #9775 by astroguy
I find this amazing. How can the government wish and expect Teleworking to develop (as several misister have said) If the net stoill works with steam in rural area's?

Don't answer this LOL

Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9779 by dave_lillis
They might suggest you to move to a higher speed area like a city, I had 56k here before I moved to broadband.
thank god for broadband !!!!

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 6 months ago #9782 by Bill_H

go to Eircom.ie and check out their complaints procedure - follow the links starting out 'customer service'. This tells you how to complain, how long it will take and what to do if you're not satisfied.

Did this on two ocassions, and I was told someone would contact me within 24 hrs to sort it out. No one ever contacted me, and they denied having the complaint when I asked why.
I even witheld paying my phone bill until something was done once, they just switched it off and left me without service. Seems nothing can be done, they want their money and refuse to provide the service your paying for.
Bill H.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9783 by Bill_H
Another bone of contention with me, is that satellite broadband companies seem to be jumping on the bandwagon, our only way around the appalling Eircom service and non-existant broadband is to go two-way or one-way satellite. They know our predicament, so whack the costs up to astronomical levels. No way do I believe that the costs are really justified with satellite, especially when you see how cheap wireless is, but again, wireless is not available in areas like mine.
Bill H.
PS. maybe we should have a telecoms section on here so we can really lay into the the service providers.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds