K-Tec

OT Does anyone have serious high level entry at Eircom?

More
19 years 5 months ago #10735 by Bill_H
For a while, the best connection to the internet I could get was reduced to 4.2 kbps. This wouldn't let me send or recieve emails. Something had gone wrong as I usually managed a whopping supersonic 14.6 Kbps. If I was very lucky I could connect around the 7.2 or 9.6 Kbps and send and recieve the odd email, or very slowly browse through the boards here. For the umpteenh time, I complained to Eircom. "yes, someone will look into it" :roll: yeh, right. Well they did, and tonight I'm connecting at 36.0 Kbps. Man :shock: looks like I have to complain to Eircom again. Never in my two years here have I connected so fast, I'm getting dizzy, but have no time to make my damn coffee or heat up my soup :roll: I think that the problem was solved by installing a new string between the tin can in my 'puter which runs to the tin can in the server. My internet bill is about to be reduced along with my coffee bill, I don't even have time to light a smoke now, so my ciggy bill will reduce along with my coughing, which also mean less doctors bills, and fitter all round.
Thank you Eircom for making my life more economical :lol: Now I think your really 8)
Bill H.
PS. Hope I haven't spoken too soon :wink:

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #10738 by dmcdona
Bill - don't count your chickens... I'll expect a reply in approximately 30 seconds!

BTW - this is the service you *should* have had eons ago so don't be too kind to Eircom...!

Dave McD

More
19 years 5 months ago #10741 by Bill_H
Me, Kind to eircom?? :shock: I'm being fascetious :lol: I know, they know, that we all know, that we should all be getting this service all the time :lol: :lol:
Bill.

More
19 years 5 months ago #10747 by gammarayo
Hi guys,

Just stumbled into this forum. Had a quick glance at the posts, and i can concur with the opinions expressed re eircom customer service. I live in West Wicklow, about 80km from Dublin city centre, and my connection speed is a verrrry slooooww 14.4kbps. The lippy Eircom customer service rep didn't acknowledge that there was even a problem with my line, stating that because of my location (in the middle of nowehere), that is my connection speed and that is the way its going to be. Apparently, i am too far away from the ISDN port in the village about 2km away, to be eligible for that.

I might try that Onspeed, from what i can gather from a quick look at this forum, it works?

Regards,
Ray

More
19 years 5 months ago #10751 by Bill_H
On speed certainly does work and worth every penney. I wouldn't have been able to do anything on line in the past if it wasn't for onspeed.
Bill H.

More
19 years 5 months ago #10771 by michaeloconnell
I'll second that. My normal internet connection is usually betweek 48-50kbps. Although onspeed doesn't really help with file downloads, it makes my web pages appear at near broadband speeds. Well worth every penny.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds