K-Tec

OT Does anyone have serious high level entry at Eircom?

More
19 years 6 months ago #9784 by gnason

I was apalled however by the state of his internet connection. It crawles along like a snail at 14.4Kbs. The quality of his line is abismal and he can't even get ISDN.
Aparently Eirom has promised him several times to look at it, even by letter but nothing has been happening during the last two years.
Anybody any advice?Jouke

No advice on how to deal with Eircom but this program may help speed up internet traffic: www.onspeed.com/en/

Never tried it myself so I cannot vouch as to how good it is especially if the line is poor to start with.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9785 by Bill_H
Hi gordon, I subscribe to Onspeed. My trouble is tho' that I now use firefox and I can't get it intigrated into firefox. Otherwise, I can vouch for it being money well spent. If only firefox would accept it.
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9786 by albertw

FYI, in this age of digital communications, Eircon are only obliged to provide a line capable of voice communication, so don't hold your breath !

They are obliged to provide a line capable of voice AND fax (ie 9600 baud), well that used to be the situation.

I've had no luck complaining of bad connection speeds, however I have had much more success complaining about the "hiss" on the phone that made it unuseable, and of not being able to send faxes from my PC.

Comreg is probably the best bet if eircom do nothing. Though that is probably going to be useles unless comreg has recently grown a spine...

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 6 months ago #9788 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic Dump EIRCON
Why, because it sucks, whats worse is the EIRCON CD, take my advice sign up with UTV here www.utv.ie/internet/services/
take whatever service suits you, better again, take UTV talk also as you have "free evening calls" landline to landline from anywhere in this country and Uk also....free.....
Charles

More
19 years 6 months ago #9789 by Bill_H

Digiweb ( www.digiweb.ie ) have wireless broadband live in Virginia and are planning on going live soon in Kells. Depending on the local topography it may be an option. Could be worthwhile dropping them an email on the subject.

Tried that, I won't get line of site from either.

Comreg is probably the best bet if eircom do nothing. Though that is probably going to be useles unless comreg has recently grown a spine...

My experience with watchdog groups in Scotland are it's pretty hopless, I sometimes wonder why they are there. But I suppose they are my last resort. If that fails, then I'm afraid it's gery Ryan next stop :lol: :lol:

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9790 by michaeloconnell

Hi gordon, I subscribe to Onspeed. My trouble is tho' that I now use firefox and I can't get it intigrated into firefox. Otherwise, I can vouch for it being money well spent. If only firefox would accept it.
Bill H.

Bill,
I use onspeed and find it excellent. however, I ALSO use Firefox. You need to adjust a few setings.

Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds