K-Tec

OT Does anyone have serious high level entry at Eircom?

More
19 years 6 months ago #9800 by Bill_H
Thanks for that Michael. Now, if you can bear with me, do I need to uninstall IE? and where do I find that connections settings window? I've looked everywhere for it but can't find it. Don't forget my avatar, it's pretty accurate for me :oops:
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9801 by stepryan

Thanks for that Michael. Now, if you can bear with me, do I need to uninstall IE? and where do I find that connections settings window? I've looked everywhere for it but can't find it. Don't forget my avatar, it's pretty accurate for me :oops:
Bill H.

bill,
under the tools menu, go to options. it will bring up a box. click on general icon on top left. connection settings is on the bottom right.
stephen.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9803 by michaeloconnell
Stephen's directions are correct.
DOn't uninstall IE as there are still the occassional website or two (Dell and MS for example) which has decided not to support Firefox....I wonder why! :?
Hopefully this will speed things up a little.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9804 by Seanie_Morris

DOn't uninstall IE as there are still the occassional website or two (Dell and MS for example) which has decided not to support Firefox....

I don't think Windoze allows the uninstallation of Internet Explorer anyway...

:?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9805 by Bill_H
Greta stuff! Got it. That should be sorted now, only remains to try it. I hated having to revert to IE again and thought I was going to have to give up on Firefox.
Bill H.

More
19 years 6 months ago #9813 by Bill_H
Hi, Onspeed has left IE, but I can't open firefox now. When I try to open it, it says "The connection was refused When attempting to contact the proxy server you have configured. Please check the proxy settings and try again". I have checked the settings and have definately put them in as you have shown. Any suggestions?
Bill H.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds