K-Tec

IFAS Astrophotography Workshop - Nov 14th - Dunsink

More
14 years 11 months ago #81861 by ayiomamitis
anthonyjtracey wrote:

... plan to buy a Takahashi FSQ 106 astrograph (by no means cheap but nice for imaging both planets and DSOs).

Anthony,

Sweet and wise choice. I have an FSQ-106/f5 with non-retractable dew shield and no words would do justice.

I would not be surprised if I pick up a second unit at some point. Razor sharp optics, sweet fast scope and very portable.

Here are some samples of this baby in action:

(1) www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-M45.htm
(2) www.perseus.gr/Astro-Lunar-Scenes-Sounion-04.htm
(3) www.perseus.gr/Astro-Eclipses-2008-08-01d.htm
(4) www.perseus.gr/Astro-Lunar-Scenes-Oropos-03.htm
(5) www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Scenes-Oropos-01.htm

You may wish to consider picking up a Robofocus unit since focusing, especially for deep sky work, can represent a slight challenge. I plan to install my Robofocus unit some time next week and after the session involving the full moon on Nov 2/2009 (weather-permitting).

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #81862 by Keith g
Hi Michael, you can count me in as well !

Thanks,

Keith.

More
14 years 11 months ago #81865 by anthonyjtracey
Replied by anthonyjtracey on topic Re:IFAS Astrophotography Workshop - Nov 14th - Dunsink
Thanks for the advice Michael and Anthony and for the images (if I needed any additional motivation for this tutorial that sure provided it)! I've been using this site for a while now; I finally got around to registering today!

I started with the Messier and Binocular challenges some time ago, this site is great for staying close to topical issues in astronomy, with frequent posts on current issues (I watched the LCROSS mission recently - admittedly a damp squib!) centralised in one resource means one can juggle work, family/social life, and still devote a lot of time to this the greatest of hobbies.

A sincere thanks to all who are involved in IFAS, this website has been such a great resource for me. I look forward to meeting all of you in the community over the coming months and years!

More
14 years 11 months ago #81866 by Paul Evans
I hope this day is a success, indeed I hope it is oversubscribed so there can be a repeat that I'll be able to get to! Trouble is, I am involved in the IAA / Armagh Planetarium / IYA 2009 Telescope Day on the same day!

Probably too late to reschedule either event now, but I'm sure there's a few who wouldn't mind being in two places at once.

Please let me know if there's a re-run, and best of luck lads.

Paul.

More
14 years 11 months ago #81867 by wellbuttie
Hi Michael, This is a great idea, can you put me down to attend, if there are available places.

I am sure it will be a great success.

Steve

Steve Roche
"Technology is a way of organising the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it."
steviestargazer.ivisionireland.com
www.deiseastronomy.com
photo.ivisionireland.com

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 11 months ago #81868 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:IFAS Astrophotography Workshop - Nov 14th - Dunsink
Steve. You're in.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Paul.

Michael.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds