K-Tec

New Club Creation

More
12 years 9 months ago #91937 by Tof
Replied by Tof on topic Re: New Club Creation
Deirdre,
Thanks for that. It's a great idea indeed. I will definitely try to involve the local school. Right now, I'm in the process of opening a bank account, creating a modest website and a Facebook page. I already had people telling me to let them know when things are up and running. So, hopefully, we'll have a good start. I really like the idea to get the kids involved with the school website and work folders. I work with kids a lot as a local entertainer and I've always wanted to throw in some fun science in the mix. I'm actually working on a Magic & Science show at the moment that I hope to have ready soon. Getting the kids involved with astronomy would be another interesting way to share my passion. So, cross the fingers, and I'll let you know how things progress.

Christophe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #92047 by Helios
Replied by Helios on topic Re: New Club Creation
hello

im really interested in the formation of a club near us. my family and i are all keen sky watchers.
We have being looking to join a club for a while now,

i live in rossinver up in the mountains of leitrim, so a bit of a trek to carrick-on-shannon but still would be fantastic,

if there is anything we can do to help you get things of the ground we would be happy to help...

More
12 years 9 months ago #92074 by Helios
is there any development yet.

i would realy like to here if this club is going to happen

More
12 years 9 months ago #92101 by Helios
unfortunately i dont think this club is going anywhere i have bought every local paper in the last while hoping to see something about this club but to no avail.

if there are still people interested in getting a club going let me know as i am.

if something is coming of this club and im just being impatient then i apologise, but me and my family have being hoping to find a local club for years,

More
12 years 9 months ago #92104 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: New Club Creation
Hi Helios,

Like your self, I haven't seen any first meeting announced yet.
I understand that Christof (Tof), whom is initiating the society has been putting together website, facebook, details.
As you are keen to get involved, you could contact him at the Glenview Folk Museum.
That is as much as I know, as shown on the forum here.

Good luck and do let us know when it is going to start.
Thanks

Eamonn

More
12 years 9 months ago #92107 by Nerro
Replied by Nerro on topic Re: New Club Creation

Helios wrote: unfortunately i dont think this club is going anywhere i have bought every local paper in the last while hoping to see something about this club but to no avail.

if there are still people interested in getting a club going let me know as i am.

if something is coming of this club and im just being impatient then i apologise, but me and my family have being hoping to find a local club for years,

Hi Helios,
I wouldn't write down this idea yeat.as everything in this hobbie patience is the key factor :) Anyways good luck to anyone involved and I will be looking forward hearing any good news.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds