K-Tec

New Club Creation

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #92108 by Pat_Dunne
Replied by Pat_Dunne on topic Re: New Club Creation
Helios,
Tof (Christophe), has listed a website on his profile, which has all his contact details.
www.webjam.com/trapdoorentertainment

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Pat_Dunne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helios

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #92133 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: New Club Creation
I saw an advert for the new astronomy club on the Ballinamore Cultural Quarters website posted 24 January.

The Breffini Starwalkers Astronomy Club are holding there meeting at the Ballinamore Cultural Quarters on 17 February at 8pm. Info meeting, public observations, lectures. Lecture "Life and Death of stars".
Contact details Tel: 0719645506

Eamonn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helios

More
12 years 9 months ago #92135 by Helios
Replied by Helios on topic Re: New Club Creation
brilliant news cant wait.... thanks eamon

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #92136 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: New Club Creation
the "Breffini Starwalkers Astronomy Club "
I love it :rock: : cheer:
the force is strong with this one. !

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by dave_lillis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tof

More
12 years 8 months ago #92148 by Kerry Stargazer
Replied by Kerry Stargazer on topic Re: New Club Creation
Time to change the IFAS club map :gramps:

Chairman of Kerry Astronomy Club.
My Kung-Fu 's the best (Melvin Frohike X-Files)

More
12 years 8 months ago #92340 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: New Club Creation
For those interested from the Leitrim Roscommon Sligo area,in particuler the new club (Breffini Starwalkers Astronomy Club), I got a recent posting of an event on the Leitrim/Fermanagh border. Their is a IAA meeting at "COSMIC CUILCAGH" at Marble Arch, 25 - 26 February. Its running, in conjunction with Armagh Planetarium and the Marble Arch International Geopark, another stargazing event at the Marble Arch Caves Visitors Centre, in Co Fermanagh. This is one of the darkest sites in Ulster, lying about 15 km SW of Enniskillen. It's near Florencecourt NT property, and can be accessed from the A32 Enniskillen to Swanlinbar / Ballinamore Road. It will be on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 February. AP staff will be providing the Stardome mobile planetarium, a selection of meteorites, and other hands-on activities.

"Cosmic Cuilcagh" aims to bring the universe down to earth in Fermanagh, and is named after the mountain which dominates the area.
The IAA will be providing a selection of powerful telescopes for observing if clear, or on display if cloudy, together with the usual selection of the best astronomical photos and posters from all the world's leading earth-based and space-based telescopes, some of our own meteorites, and other items and information.

It will start at 11.00 on Saturday morning, running on until late that evening if the sky is clear, and then again on Sunday from 11.00 to 17.00. Celestial highlights will include a lovely crescent moon with Earthshine, brilliant Venus ('the evening star'), giant planet Jupiter with its belts and four large moons, and Mars rising later in the evening. And of course all the usual deep sky wonders from one of our nearest neighbour stars, through double stars, clusters and nebulae, or nearest big neighbour galaxy in Andromeda, out to members of the Leo/Virgo cluster of galaxies.
See www.marblearchcavesgeopark.com/ for location and other details.
The V/C has a cafe, and refreshments will be available.

Eamonn
www.kingslandobservatory.com

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds