K-Tec

New Club Creation

More
12 years 9 months ago #91779 by Tof
Replied by Tof on topic Re: New Club Creation
Yes, I well intend to use the media to get the word around. I also wish that, in due time, other telescope owners will join in so that we may have a good range of telescope for open public observations. For now, I have 2: a small one and a 10" one. I just got that last one. In fact, I was waiting for it before starting all this because I wasn't sure it would have been enough with only one, especially a small one. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #91780 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: New Club Creation
Hi,
Its great to see enthusiastic people getting out there and wanting to be in a club, your next step really is to muster up a group of people who have an interest, thats your next goal, without people you havent got a club. Maybe put up notices calling on all people interested in astronomy in the local papers, in their free sections such as community announcements, if they have one.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #91784 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: New Club Creation
Hi Christophe,

It's great to see your enthusiasm on setting up a new club, and it's one venture you can be sure will get loads of support from all of us here on/in IFAS! As already mentioned, IFAS does have an insurance policy that covers all subscribed clubs (€20 per year) to it for the year (October through to September). The policy covers clubs against public liability for public events and equipment (some terms of course), but it is exactly what any astronomy club needs in order to be granted permission for any of their own events (lectures, star parties, observing nights).

As well as the local media in your area, you can also highlight what you're about to do on other forums like www.boards.ie with its own Astronomy & Space section and www.cloudynights.com to get the widest audience you can.

Anything we can help you out with here, just ask. Any of us can give you a copy of a club constitution to help get you started on your own one, and many of us are open to requests to travel to your neck of the woods and present a talk too.

Hope all this helps,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
12 years 9 months ago #91788 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: New Club Creation
Christophe - just to clarify Seanie's post, IFAS annual subscription is €20 per year. The insurance is around the 100/110 mark - essentially we get a quote each year from the broker and simply divide it up by the number of clubs who want insurance.

Plenty of people here wil be more than happy to help you out - just ask.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris

More
12 years 9 months ago #91789 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: New Club Creation
Well spotted Dave, thanks! :rock:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
12 years 9 months ago #91793 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: New Club Creation
Hi Tof,

I live near Carrick on Shannon.
My contact details are below.

Eamonn
www.kingslandobservatory.com

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds