K-Tec

IAS/SDAS Sugarloaf event

More
12 years 7 months ago #92806 by Nerro
Replied by Nerro on topic Re: IAS/SDAS Sugarloaf event
Heh I just missed you guys then...I arrived at 7:45 and unfortunately no one was around at that stage...the clouds were just clearing up there and I waited another 10 min and went home.there were 2 cars parked there but I don't think it was anyone from this meet up, it was a shame really as later on when I got home skies were completely clear but Venus and Jupiter were already behind houses :( oh well at least I got some observing at my back garden.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 7 months ago #92809 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: IAS/SDAS Sugarloaf event

Nerro wrote: Heh I just missed you guys then...I arrived at 7:45 and unfortunately no one was around at that stage...the clouds were just clearing up there and I waited another 10 min and went home.there were 2 cars parked there but I don't think it was anyone from this meet up, it was a shame really as later on when I got home skies were completely clear but Venus and Jupiter were already behind houses :( oh well at least I got some observing at my back garden.

Sorry we missed you Nerro but with 100% cloud and no sign of a let up we decided to call it a day.

Michael.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #92812 by Nerro
Replied by Nerro on topic Re: IAS/SDAS Sugarloaf event
No worries Michael,I was running late and was heading there without much of expectation finding someone.its a shame really that the clouds didnt decided to clear an hour earlier as it would have been a great night out...
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Nerro.

More
12 years 7 months ago #92813 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: IAS/SDAS Sugarloaf event
Mark my words, we will have the opposite tonight.

There has been a clear patch in the lee of the wicklow mountains over us in Bray/Greystones/south Dublin all day here. Lovely blue skies while the rest of the country is still shrouded in cloud.

I guarantee the clear patch that has persisted all day long will fill in just before sunset

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds