K-Tec

latest mars image

• daveg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 11 months ago #16814 by daveg
Replied by daveg on topic Re: latest mars image
The south polar cap is small and distinct (SOuthern summer at the mo). The blue area at the north is the north polar hood. to get it adjust the blue levels in either ps or psp. the area im talking about is a light aera (not as bright as SPC) around Solis Lacus.

I use the baader series of colour filters but remember that the TUC must be in b/w.

See another thread where I've loaded up another image from the same session i think it's a bit clearer

DaveG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #16948 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: latest mars image
Hi guys,

Just found this website with images taken everyday of this years pass of Mars on homepage2.nifty.com/~cmons/2005/f__image.html

It makes for interesting browsing. I also notice that there are few images taken earlier than 1:30 GMT so Ireland is in a good position to fill in some gaps (if there were gaps in the clouds :( ) Certainly our images here would not be out of place quality wise.

I also notice that some use eyepiece projection to achieve the magnification and nearly all use IR and/or UV filtering. Has anyone taken image with and without to compare the results?

Michael Scully

• daveg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 10 months ago #16949 by daveg
Replied by daveg on topic Re: latest mars image
Hi Michael

I always use a uv/ir blocker for correct color reproduction as the uv/ir blocker is in the lens of the webcam

DaveG

More
18 years 10 months ago #16951 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: latest mars image

Hi guys,

Just found this website with images taken everyday of this years pass of Mars on homepage2.nifty.com/~cmons/2005/f__image.html

It makes for interesting browsing. I also notice that there are few images taken earlier than 1:30 GMT so Ireland is in a good position to fill in some gaps (if there were gaps in the clouds :( ) Certainly our images here would not be out of place quality wise.

I also notice that some use eyepiece projection to achieve the magnification and nearly all use IR and/or UV filtering. Has anyone taken image with and without to compare the results?

Michael Scully

Eyepiece projection :o , its worth a try. I always use IR filter, makes for sharper imaging.
Did you see the image by the guy with the 20cm TMB scope, its as if it was taken from space !

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds