K-Tec

Beginner problems with Moon shot

More
18 years 8 months ago #21802 by blooka
Replied by blooka on topic Re: Beginner problems with Moon shot
Yes dmcdona the adaptor just fits into the diagonal and it wont accept an eyepiece.
Will my setup be ok for imaging say m42 etc. and some planets then
I will try the mosaic method though and see how that goes
thanx all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #21803 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Beginner problems with Moon shot
Dave - objects smaller than moon will fit better into the field of view - but you're gonna need a bright-ish object for the webcam to pick it up. Planets are ideal - in fact, webcams are probably responsible for most of the exceptional planetary images.

I doubt if you'd get M42 or other deep sky objects (ie the dim ones) but other webcammers here might be able to offer better advice on that score.

You might however be able to get the brighter deep sky objects with the digital camera...

Try the mosaic - here's one I took with the Skylux a while back. By the way, don't raise your hopes and expect to get this on your first night! I'm lucky enough to have a CCD and a great mount. But hang on in there and your perserverance will pay off!

Moon Shot

Cheers

Dave McD

[/url]

More
18 years 8 months ago #21805 by blooka
Replied by blooka on topic moon shot
Thats a great shot Dave cant believe i could get the same results with my scope.I`m gonna keep persevering and hopefully i`ll get something similar,
not tonight though damn clouds have come back
cheers
dave

More
18 years 8 months ago #21807 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Beginner problems with Moon shot
Dave,
The best way to start off is to hold the digital camera up to the eyepiece. Try with something in the 15mm to 30mm range and se what happens. Here's an old website of mine where I took some images of the moon by just this method.
www.geocities.com/michaeloconnell78/

Clear skies,

More
18 years 8 months ago #21808 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Beginner problems with Moon shot
Michael,
"requested url cannot be found"...

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 8 months ago #21812 by Matthew C
Replied by Matthew C on topic Re: Beginner problems with Moon shot
Yes holding the camera up to the eyepiece is the best way to start off! This was my very first photo of the moon(and of anything in astronomy)

This was with a 4.5" reflector, 25mm plossl eyepiece,Digital camera!
This is my favourite as it was my first(Not as good at these guys ones!)Yet this method is very tedious! Trust me i know from experience on this subject(for once! :lol: )
I had to have the camera at an angle to the lens, and it was very hard to get the right position with the right amount of light coming through and being able to see the FULL moon! Also be careful as i managed to scratch the lens of my camera! :oops: :evil:

By the way blooka, When you do get your first moon shot that your happy with, print it out,post it here, and then frame it! Thats exactly what i did!

Hope this helps!?!
Matthew C

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds