K-Tec

Planets and Moons in Wicklow Mountains National Park

More
16 years 8 months ago #62934 by JohnMurphy
Metcheck is now predicting NO CLOUD for Saturday night.
Looks like we'll get a good night after all.

If anyone is thinking of turning up with a scope could they please PM either myself or Deirdre Kelleghan, just so we know what to expect.

Also note that this is part of the Saturn Observation Campaign, please see soc.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm for details.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #62941 by jhoare
It's February - and that forecast looks like last April's weather except for the temperatures. Does that mean that we'll be due 60 days of rain starting sometime in March?

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

More
16 years 8 months ago #62946 by JohnMurphy
Deirdre has just let me know that the poster is now up on the Saturn Observation Campaign web page.

soc.jpl.nasa.gov/experience/gallery-photo.cfm?id=447

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out My Photos

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
16 years 8 months ago #62965 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic post
Well fingers are crossed for Saturday, and my toes will never be the same again. Here are a few tips for Saturday evening,ssssssssssssh
must whisper quietly about the weather.

When you approach the park, drive on past the first Lower Lake car park, about 500 yards pass by the Glendalough Hotel.
The road bends around the front of the hotel, head over the little bridge, the round tower is in front of you.
Follow the narrow road along for approx quarter of a mile to the Upper Lake Car Park which is on the left hand side.
The toilets will not be open, so bear that in mind or not:-)
Mobile phones do not work in this area of the National Park, so make your arrangements with whomever
about whatever before you drive down.
There are no lights in the car park so bring torches to help people see where they are walking.

Deirdre Kelleghan
soc.jpl.nasa.gov/experience/gallery-photo.cfm?id=447

More
16 years 8 months ago #62969 by Calibos
I always got mixed up about which was known as the upper and which was the lower lake.

To clarify, are we taking about the car park beside the large lake at the end of the valley with the waterfal at the far end. So coming in to glendalough from the east you drive past the car park at the interpretive centre...through the village and past the round tower....past the first smaller lake and on to the carpark beside the large lake with the waterfall at the end??

Are we setting up in the carpark itself or in the green areas beyond, closer to the lake?

I'll be bringing along my 12in Dob for what its worth. Pity this event isn't a few weeks later. I'll have my motorised equatorial platform for tracking by then. I'll also have my green laser pointer if any of the experts want to borrow it for the night.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
16 years 8 months ago #62970 by JohnMurphy
Look forward to seeing you there Keith.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out My Photos

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds