K-Tec

Planets and Moons in Wicklow Mountains National Park

More
16 years 8 months ago #63844 by Calibos
No mention of the event in the free Wicklow Times but the Wicklow People and the Bray People had a photo titled 'Moonwatching'.

The Photo was of David Brannigan and his scope and two other ladies neither of which were Deirdre. The caption read, 'David Brannigan of Astronomy Ireland.............(can't remember the rest)

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #63855 by Seanie_Morris

The Photo was of David Brannigan and his scope and two other ladies neither of which were Deirdre. The caption read, 'David Brannigan of Astronomy Ireland.............(can't remember the rest)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hehehe... so, David Brannigan is replacing David Moore in the AI hot seat? ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 8 months ago #63857 by Calibos
No mention the Irish Astronomical society and the organiser of the event, or picture of 'El Presidente' Deirdre!

The event was entitled, 'Saturn Observation campaign' theres a clue in there somewhere! :D "Ah but sure the moon was out, they must have been there to look at the moon, We'll caption the photo Moonwatching, sure its all the same thing."

Is Dave brannigan even a member of AI?? "Ah sure, IAS, Astronomy Ireland, sure its all the same thing"

I'm pretty sure Deirdre gave all the appropriate info to the attendant reporter/s. I am also sure they took notes. I am also sure they threw away the notes and just made stuff up! :D Typical newspaper reporting. I fought off a knife weilding thief in our family newsagents last year and it was reported in the Bray people. My name wrong, my herioc deed unmentioned :x :D , the time and day wrong, saying he got away with a small amount of cash when he got away with nothing but bruises. Do they hear of a shop robbery and then just make the rest of the details up!! I know, how about actually interviewing the people in question, take notes and then actually use the notes!! :roll:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds