K-Tec

COSMOS 2008 - April 4th to 6th at Annaharvey Farm

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 6 months ago #65916 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: COSMOS 2008 - April 4th to 6th at Annaharvey Farm
Astro Buy & Sell

It was not mentioned already, but seeing as there have been some enquiries as to what kinds of astro buy and sell will be at Cosmos, this is left to the individuals attending the event. Anything from telescopes, binoculars and accessories to books and posters has been for sale before by many individuals.

So, if you have some gear you'd like to sell or swap, bring it along this weekend!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #65981 by dave_lillis

After that, visitors can come and go as they please, but (hopefully) weather permitting, we'll have an observing session from the grounds.Seanie.

Lets hope the skies clear up for us tomorrow night !

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 6 months ago #65982 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: COSMOS 2008 - April 4th to 6th at Annaharvey Farm
Apparently, I've been told that Saturday night is the best chance. Even temperatures could touch 0 degrees.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 6 months ago #66086 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: COSMOS 2008 - April 4th to 6th at Annaharvey Farm
Many thanks to one and all for coming to meet us again at COSMOS in Tullamore. I hope you all had a great time.

Thanks to the speakers for making such a great effort in preparing and delivering the talks.

Thanks to Linda and all the crew in Annaharvey for all their efforts, especially with the food for the lunches and dinner. I think you would all agree it was great.

Thanks to all the team in TAS for all their hard work both on the day and in the months leading up to the event.

Thanks to Deirdre Kelleghan for her suggestions regarding speakers and helping to advertise the event in the national media.

Thanks to those who brought telescopes and who were so generous with sharing their scopes with others.

And of course finally, thanks to the skies for staying clear on Saturday night and letting us observe till the wee hours! Myself and Dave L were last to leave the place some time around 5:00am and although we were frozen and tired, it was great fun! :) I FINALLY got to see the central star in M57, which was super! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year. Provisional date for next year is the same weekend (first weekend in April).

If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this COSMOS and how we could improve things in future, please let us know. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us with future events.

Regards,

More
16 years 6 months ago #66089 by albertw
FREEZING! Sure I got to see through the big scopes and got to make out the spiral arms in the Whilpool clearly but next year I'm bringing my snowboarding gear! (the jackets and trousers not the snowboard!). Forecast for -5C and snow tonight!

The talks were excellent (apart from that last guy waffling on about pulsars and showing his holiday snaps :-) )

Bob's quiz was too easy - I got a question right this year!

The table quiz was a great. Our team (ie Patricia!) won it. Seanie, the quizmaster, now knows the capital of South Africa.

Dinner was gorgeous. Special thanks to Pat for sharing is bottle of Merlot :-)

Another memorable COSMOS! Thanks to all at TAS and Annaharvey.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 6 months ago #66093 by dave_lillis
Well done all involved in organising and running Cosmos, it was an enjoyable and entertaining weekend and many thanks to the weather gods for keeping the clouds away on Saturday night :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds