K-Tec

I KNOW i wont be missed.

More
16 years 3 months ago #70786 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: I KNOW i wont be missed.

Right I think we need to reinstate an idea of Shanes several years ago, actively supported by myself and a few others! Astro Pints! Hey its summer, you don't have any observing to do anyway!

I'll post details of the first reconvening of the Drinking Dublin Astronomers early next week!

"Oh its a long way to Beta Gygni, its a long way to go..."

Good idea, it is usually just kept to things lik the 3 main star parties and the TAS Star B Q that gets that kind of thing going. Dublin itself is a large faction, so why not one for PJ and friends there?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #70794 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: I KNOW i wont be missed.

I fully agree with John. His posts make him seem like a right a.........e

:D :D

Good idea Albert. A quick chat around a few pints (or more) helps to put things and people in perspective. Cyberspace is not the place to make judgements. People are not electrons (though substantially we are) what I'm saying is get to know their Protons and Neutrons before you make any decisions. I'll shut up now :oops:

So - where and when?

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 3 months ago #70808 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: I KNOW i wont be missed.
Even when he is gone, he still manages to cause a 4 page thread about nothing that's been accessed over 2000 times. :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 3 months ago #70809 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: I KNOW i wont be missed.

Even when he is gone, he still manages to cause a 4 page thread about nothing that's been accessed over 2000 times. :lol:

I know how to stop that...

Thread Locked!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 3 months ago #70920 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic I KNOW i wont be missed...............con't
Sorry guys....................i dont mean to harp on.

Maybe i'm just being an idiot...............but i was/am finding it VERY difficult to just talk about astronomy issues ONLY, for weeks/months on end when every damn night nearly here in south Dublin is cloudy.

My frustration was/is getting the better of me.

So if i cant use my scope and talk about things i see through it..............what can i talk about?.

I know my opinion here holds no weight as i'm a newbie to telescopic astronomy..............but that is ok because i'm here to learn about things rather then give advice.

I guess my frustration just got the better of me.

As i said previously (and i'm not starting another big discussion).......i just feel with the way Irish weather is..................there should be an outlet for members to just "shoot the breeze" on any topic given because we are soooooooo blessed with crap weather here in this country and there are MORE nights when we stay indoors then go outside.

I really DONT want to leave this place as i have learned so much and would continue to do so............................but i just get the feeling that "i am not your kind of person".

Call me paranoid.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 3 months ago #70944 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: I KNOW i wont be missed...............con't

I really DONT want to leave this place as i have learned so much and would continue to do so............................but i just get the feeling that "i am not your kind of person".

Call me paranoid.

:D OK, you're paranoid! Only kidding PJ.

You can see from the argument this thread has raised from all angles that there are some people with you, and some against you. Don't take it personally when I say 'you', it is all just part of the debate.

However, I think it is safe to say that the debate would be a never-ending one, and there won't really be a clear winner, as there are so many vocal people here.

However again, these forums are a specialty one, built around a sole hobby and field of interest, and therefore should be viewed as such - a specialty forum. When people search the web for astronomy, this website will come up as a hit. For radio enthusiasts, there's a different one, for political vews and parties, a different one again, and for football fans, another one again, and so on.

This is the kernel of the matter. People come here to predominantly talk about Astronomy - nothing more, and nothing less, is expected of the visitor upon arrival, and should be viewed as the defacto standard for signing up and taking part.

Hang around and talk about astronomy and related items all you want (and don't take the mick if it is barely an iota of a possibility of being connected to astronomy!). If you're at home most of your day and get a kick out of being part of many an on line community - like a lot of us here - then do a search for other online places of interest, for your own different interests!

Besides, there an opportunity for you to get hammered at Albert's expense tonight ... I suggest you take it!

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds