• Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
15 years 5 days ago - 14 years 2 months ago #81769 by philiplardner
From the Meteor-Obs mailing list...

Phil.

Original Message
From: meteorobs-bounces@meteorobs.org [mailto:meteorobs-bounces@meteorobs.org] On Behalf Of Marc Gyssens
Sent: 20 October 2009 16:34
To: meteorobs@meteorobs.org
Subject: (meteorobs) International Meteor Conference 2010

International Meteor Conference 2010
Armagh, Northern Ireland (UK), 2010 September 16-19
After another very successful International Meteor Conference (IMC), in Porec, Croatia, the next IMC will take place in Armagh, Northern Ireland, from 2010 September 16th (Thursday evening) to 19th (Sunday lunchtime). It will be organized by the Armagh Observatory, a modern astronomical research institute having a rich heritage and a longstanding association with meteor science. Most participants will be accommodated in the Armagh City Youth Hostel; there is also bed & breakfast and hotel accommodation in Armagh.
The registration fee, probably similar to this year at 150 EUR, and other details will appear in time for registration to open early in 2010. The local organizing committee is Apostolos Christou (chairman), David Asher, Geert Barentsen and Miruna Popescu. More information will be communicated when it becomes available, through this mailing list, the Journal WGN, and the website of the International Meteor Organization.

David Asher
(comm. by Marc Gyssens)

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 days ago - 15 years 4 days ago #81784 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:International Meteor Confrence 1010 - Armagh.
Good to hear it's coming to Armagh.
Would be interested in attending that.
Tickets are a bit pricey for the likes of us amateurs.
Hopefully they will be able to offer a discount?

Michael.
Last edit: 15 years 4 days ago by michaeloconnell.

More
14 years 8 months ago #83614 by Vagelis Tsamis
Replied by Vagelis Tsamis on topic Re:International Meteor Confrence 1010 - Armagh.
The website is up:

www.imo.net/imc2010/

International Meteor Conference 2010
September 16-19, Armagh - Northern Ireland (UK)

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

More
14 years 8 months ago #83621 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:International Meteor Confrence 1010 - Armagh.

Tickets are a bit pricey for the likes of us amateurs.
Hopefully they will be able to offer a discount?

From the website:

The registration fee, including all meals and accommodation, is expected to be around 155 euro. We are working to keep the fee as low as possible! We also aim to offer a cheaper fee for participants that do not require accomodation.

That's not a bad price. Registration won't happen until the end of June however, so be patient!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
14 years 8 months ago #83626 by nectarine
Replied by nectarine on topic Re:International Meteor Confrence 1010 - Armagh.
This sounds quite reasonable when accommodation & food is included. I hope IFAS will be well represented - can we do some publicity at this event I wonder?
And of course, I'll bring along that lovely big meteorite I found in a field in Donegal last week lol.
Bernie

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

More
14 years 8 months ago #83642 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:International Meteor Confrence 1010 - Armagh.
nectarine wrote:

And of course, I'll bring along that lovely big meteorite I found in a field in Donegal last week

I am thinking of going along, and I'll bring the Cavan Chondrite with me too Bernie...

:silly:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds