K-Tec

UFO last night & ET Life

More
17 years 7 months ago #39661 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: UFO last night & ET Life

Firstly,
I heard on the radio this morning there was mass UFO sightings last night.
Was this anything to do with that Chineese sat. that was due for re-entry?
Did anyone see anything?

I presume you are talking about Ireland, and if so, where were the reported sightings.

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #39662 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: UFO last night & ET Life

... and another thing which often crosses my mind when I here UFO stories. If you were a interstellar traveller with advanced technology capable of travelling vast distances would you advertise your presence by flashing lights and zipping around the sky like a mad thing? No of course not, you would make damn sure you stayed invisible to the natives. Unless of course you want to be seen, in which case you might as well land and introduce yourself. Surely if you had the tech to travel the stars it would be too hard to stay out of sight and observe stealthily.

Doesn;t it seem rather convenient that all accounts of UFO's involve brightly shining objects?

bloody teenager's ;).

More
17 years 7 months ago #39663 by Silversurfer
Replied by Silversurfer on topic Re: UFO last night & ET Life

Only human arrongance would assume that if some advanced alien civilisation with the technology to travel incredibly vast distances could visit us, then they would choose to do so. Would you travel half way round the galaxy to visit some ant-pile. Lets face it, thats what we would appear to a civilsation that advanced.

Its not a very good argument, I remember hearing James Burke saying something similar in an interview basicly comparing an advanced alien civilisation visiting earth to someone traveling half way around the world to Brazil to examine ants.. Funny thing is people do travel to Brazil to examine ants.

At the same time I don't believe that aliens of any sort are or have ever visited us, nor do I think it ever likely to happen in the furture.

Martin

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead

More
17 years 7 months ago #39665 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: UFO last night & ET Life

and on the lightest note of all
how cool is this?
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4653448...33199771&q=crash

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant! I tell you, Dodge really know how to make pick-up trucks! :D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 7 months ago #39668 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: UFO last night & ET Life

... and another thing which often crosses my mind when I here UFO stories. If you were a interstellar traveller with advanced technology capable of travelling vast distances would you advertise your presence by flashing lights and zipping around the sky like a mad thing? No of course not, you would make damn sure you stayed invisible to the natives. Unless of course you want to be seen, in which case you might as well land and introduce yourself. Surely if you had the tech to travel the stars it would be too hard to stay out of sight and observe stealthily.

Doesn;t it seem rather convenient that all accounts of UFO's involve brightly shining objects?

Oh come on, Dave, that's what 'they' want you to think!

The phenomenon you refer to above is a well known (if unprovable) one. They're called "Teasers." Usually bored xenoc teenagers, who've pinched the family star-trolly, out for a night of fun and mischief. They find some planet that hasn't made interstellar contact yet and land right beside some unsuspecting farmer (who no one's *ever* going to believe) and strut up and down wearing rediculuous antennae and a bug-eyed monster mask, making "beep-beep" noises. The CIA have known about this for ages but don't admit it because, frankly, it's embarrasing that they've been out-smarted by a pimply bug-eyed teenager yet again!

The truth is out there.

Phil.

More
17 years 7 months ago #39669 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: UFO last night & ET Life
...and another thing - haven't you ever seen "The Morons From Outer Space"? A classic of the '80s with Mel Smith and Grif Rhys Jones (of Not the Nine O'Clock News fame!) It explains sooooooo much ;-)

Nanoo nanoo,

Phil

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds