16 years 2 weeks ago #73591 by DaveGrennan
A quick scan of the metro article for those who haven't seen it;

webtreatz.com/images/zoom/gremlin/viewsize/dmcd.jpg

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #73592 by JohnMurphy
Well done Dave - I overheard some guys in work talking about this today, having heard you on the radio.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 16 years 2 weeks ago #73597 by dave_lillis
Hi Dave.
Thats simply amazing stuff Dave, I have to say that given your dedication to the work it was only a matter of time before all your hard effort payed off.
I saw the clips on the 6&9 o'clock news, magic!!
Again, welldone !!!

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 16 years 2 weeks ago by dave_lillis.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #73616 by dmcdona
Hi folks - well, the phone has been hopping all day and all night. I'm cream-crackered! Worse - I was with a client all day today and they were talking about it when I arrived. The looks on their faces was priceless as I was signing in at reception. Needless to say, they stumped up for lunch.

Just to update you, the Kildare post will run an article (presumably this coming week)and I'm scheduled on three radio stations on Monday - Kildare FM at about 10.30, Donegal at about 13.30 and Dave Fanning at 7 ish.

Myself and Fiona were also very kindly invited to attend the Hamilton Walk this coming Thursday, starting in Dunsink at 2pm. I'm pretty sure we can make it. If any of ye are there, it'd be great to see ye.

Myself and Fiona just saw the Metro article - well, what a hoot! I loved all the mistakes but I have to say that I am so proud to be known as an Irishman! If anyone has a hard copy, I'd love to see the full thing.

Anyhow, thank you all for all your kind words. Both myself and Fiona really appreciate you taking the effort to put fingers to keyboards. And pelase God, we'll see you all soon and have a natter :)

Oh yes, here's yet another article - the nice thing about this one is that it will hopefully inspire youngsters to get involved:

www.science.ie/index.cfm/section/news/pa...ewsPage/news_key/671

Go raibh mile, mile maith agat

Daithi

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #73620 by SeanOSullivan
Replied by SeanOSullivan on topic Re:NEWSFLASH:Dave McDonald discovers Asteroid 2008TM9
Well done Dave!! It was only a matter of time until had a success like this with all your hard work. My word your having a busy time of it, OH the price of Fame :)

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #73623 by dmcdona
SeanOSullivan wrote:

OH the price of Fame :)

Yes, an agent is going to cost me a fortune :P

As for all my hard work, well, to quote a line, I got by with a little help from my friends ;)

Dave

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds