K-Tec

IFAS Astrophotography Workshop - Nov 14th - Dunsink

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #82192 by wellbuttie
Many thanks all for a great day

Fair play to all involved in putting together an excellent event, the information shared was invaluable, and enjoyable too.

Excellent presetations by the Dave trio, Micheal and Carl, throughout the day. And a special thanks to Fiona and Denise,for all their hard work. Much appreciated.

I learned alot from the event, and hope that there will be many more to follow.

Top Marks. Brilliant!!

Steve Roche

Steve Roche
"Technology is a way of organising the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it."
steviestargazer.ivisionireland.com
www.deiseastronomy.com
photo.ivisionireland.com
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by wellbuttie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #82202 by dmcdona
Folks - thanks for all your kind words, and especially those for Denise and Fiona - they did a great job and took their "shooping" day off to feed us all :) Anyone who has organised anything like this before will know that its not as easy as you might think but it was well worth it.

I'll work on getting the CD together in the next day or two and try and cram as much extra info in there as I can. There will bne a copy of all the presentations and images/software where appropriate. You can then go back and review the material at your leisure and if you come with any questions, no better place than here to post them!

If anyone wants a copy, feel free to PM me with your postal address and as soon as they're ready, I'll send them on.

Also, if anyone has any further feedback (positive *or* negative - as long as its constructive) then please let us know. We really would appreciate any "areas for improvement" as it seems there is a keen interest in holding similar events in the future and would always look to make it better again the next time. And on that particular note, if you have any suggestions for future workshops, astrophotography or otherwise, then please let us know.

But for now, thanks again and we'll be in touch soon with details of the CD.

Cheers
Dave and Michael

More
14 years 11 months ago #82203 by dmcdona
Actually, I have a confession to make :blush:

At the end of the last session, I intimated that there were a few goodies left over and ye could take them for the journey home. Alas, I didn't figure the ultra efficiency with which Denise and Fiona would clear up... So apologies for that and for rumbling tummies on the way home...

By the way, the two girls really appreciated the personal thanks from those who popped their heads into the kitchen on the way out - a big thanks from them both!

And I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to Hilary too who did an absolutely sterling job. I hope she won't mind me saying that she's not one for a fuss, so we didn't make a big deal about handing her some flowers and choccies as small gesture of thanks for giving up her Saturday and allowing us to use Dunsink as well as opening the dome and letting us look at Jupiter! That was the icing on the cake. Hats off to Hilary.

Dave

More
14 years 11 months ago #82204 by mlkcampion
Congrats to everyone who organised and were involved in this very successful event! Excellent venue, I was delighted to meet people from this forum and discuss some issues face to face. So many topics discussed in a good logical order for anyone attempting to get into this area (from the ground up). Plenty of questions answered. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and look forward to another day like it. Brilliant Thanks :)
(Definitely not forgetting the Food and View of Jupiter, how neat was that?!)
Cheers
Mike

Newton 10" f/5.8 AtlasEQ6 Canon550D

More
14 years 11 months ago #82209 by Keith g
Hi all, I suppose just one constuctive thing, since there was not a huge amount of people there, maybe next time just 5 minutes be allowed for everybody to introduce thenselves, as I'm sure many people (including myself) had only met each other for the first time face to face.

Keith.

More
14 years 11 months ago #82215 by johnflannery
Well done to everyone who organised the workshop and to Dunsink for hosting it.

It was great to see everyone when I called up after the event although I didn't really get to say hello to all the people there.

Thanks for the help Michael with zeroing in the scope on Jupiter :)

All the best,

john

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds