BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 3 months ago #12370 by Keith g
BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine was created by Keith g
Hi Everyone, Have any of you bought the BBC's Sky at Night magazine? Issue 1 June 2005, if so what do you think of it? It comes with an interactive cd, very cool! Lots of content to keep you reading for days, very informative, I have to say, I'd rate this issue higher than any other mag this month!! you can see a hell of an effort is put into it, wonder if that will be consistent though?

It is more expensive than any of the others, I paid €7.42 for it, but I have to say well worth it, caters for beginners and more of us advanced (allegedly :D ) readers. Very impressive from start to finish :D

What's your verdict? Agree/Disagree?

Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12371 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Do you know where its available? Eason?

Cheers

Dave McD

More
19 years 3 months ago #12372 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
I got it today in easons in liffey valley. just took a look through the cd. very impressed! haven't gone through the mag yet.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12390 by gammarayo
Replied by gammarayo on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
I am very impressed with the new Sky at Night magazine. I would rate it above any of the existing mags either here, in the UK or the US. It seems they have a fairly large budget aswell. i don't mind paying the extra few euro for this, its just a pity Patrick Moore waited till now to start a magazine, because i am in no doubt that this will be a huge success.

Just wondering if there wil be a CD-ROM with every issue...

More
19 years 3 months ago #12391 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Just picked it up myself - looks good at first glance.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
19 years 3 months ago #12393 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
From what I understand from reading the mag, there's gonna be a cd with each issue. On this month's issue, there's alot of stuff on the cd. I wonder that every other cd will have?
I was looking at the subscription rates. If you live in the UK it's under 40pounds whereas for Europe it's about twice the price. Converting that into euros, 1 year's sub would be over 100euros, which is very steep IMHO. If you compare that to S&T, there's no contest.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds