K-Tec

BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

More
19 years 2 months ago #13284 by gammarayo
Replied by gammarayo on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Guys,

The July issue of BBc's Sky at Night magazine is in the shops. Like the June issue, it includes a CD-ROM whith a full recording of this month's Sky at night programme. I must say, i'm very impressed with it overall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13289 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Great - the local shop is keeping me a copy.

voyager: he's getting in 8 copies he told me so there should be 7 on the shelf. He'll just sent them back if they're not sold so it's no skin off him to get them in.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
19 years 2 months ago #13292 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

Great - the local shop is keeping me a copy.

voyager: he's getting in 8 copies he told me so there should be 7 on the shelf. He'll just sent them back if they're not sold so it's no skin off him to get them in.

Must nip down to the Glenroyal so.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 2 months ago #13301 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

Guys,

The July issue of BBc's Sky at Night magazine is in the shops. Like the June issue, it includes a CD-ROM whith a full recording of this month's Sky at night programme. I must say, i'm very impressed with it overall.

I got it in Oldcastle on Tuesday, by request, missed issue one, and must say I agree, very impressed, and more importantly very readable. It's produced and written on a level that's easy for me to understand, yet not beneath, I don't think, the more experienced. seems to be well put together. I have found other astronomy mags sometimes a little hard work to read.
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13567 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Just got my credit card statement today which included my fee for subscribing to the above magazine. Sadly it's confirmed what I'd suspected - 104 Euro for the year, so 8 Euro 60 per issue as opposed to 7 Euro 30 in the newsagents. I've mailed and complained about this. Ultimately the advice I'd have to give is don't subscribe - if you do want it it's much cheaper to get it through a friendly newsagent. Very shortsighted on their behalf alas. All it means is that I, for one, won't be renewing my sub.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 2 months ago #13568 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Shane - do they post it to your door?

Personally, I'd pay the extra 1.30 to ensure I got a copy (rather than see an empty shelf in Eason's as I did with issue 1) and to avoid having to get off my fat ar*e, into the car, into the traffic jam, pay to park half a mile from the shop, walk half a mile to the shop... :wink:

Although my critisisms of the AI magazine content are well known, at least it comes through the door and saves me petrol... :lol:

Anyhow, I flicked through issue two and I have to say that I'm very impressed. The quality is superb, the content up-to-date and topical, the content relevent for this latitude. And the advertisers are a bit closer to home too. And the CD content seems to be very good too. I'd certainly be happy to subscribe at that price. Horses for courses I guess.

Cheers

Dave McD

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds