K-Tec

BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

More
19 years 2 months ago #13717 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Seanie,

I can pop up to Eason's in town at lunchtime tomorrow and see if they've any left. If they have I'll grab them and post them down to you.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13720 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Seanie,
its cheaper to buy them on line and you will get them posted to you first class post as soon as they are released. the sky at night mag is good also and if you order online you get threemonths free copies and a book about Patrick Moore.

Kevin Black
EAAS Member

More
19 years 2 months ago #13723 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine
Kevin,
thanks for the heads-up on the subscription.

Steve,
sounds like a plan! Go for it!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 2 months ago #13730 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

Seanie,
its cheaper to buy them on line and you will get them posted to you first class post as soon as they are released. the sky at night mag is good also and if you order online you get threemonths free copies and a book about Patrick Moore.

Kevin Black
EAAS Member

Kevin - read the earlier posts in this thread. You only get the 3 months in the UK. It's actually more expensive to subscribe if you're in the Republic of Ireland.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
19 years 2 months ago #13778 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

Seanie,

Kevin Black
EAAS Member

Sorry Kevin, you get three free issues and the autobiography (run away! run away! It's a horrible book about a horrible old man!) whereas in Saorstat Eireann we get the privelige of paying more per issue and getting less. Damn you Micheal Collins!

I have emailed the publishers about this incredible discrepancy, and the fact that competitions are only ope to UK residents, but to no avail. I may bend Terry's ear about this in October!

Yours whingingly,

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 2 months ago #13791 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: BBC's New Sky at Night Magazine

Seanie,

Kevin Black
EAAS Member

Kevin,

Unfortunately that offer isn't open to us poor sods south of the border. We get to pay extra if we subscribe!... :cry:

Shane, am I sensing some hostility here towards Patrick Moore?.......You've been very subtle about it but I'm very good at picking these things up... :lol:

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds