K-Tec

Astronomy Ireland charging for events

More
17 years 4 months ago #45933 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Astronomy Ireland charging for events

What are they gonna say "Sorry I can't sell to you because you have an Irish accent"?

That is exactly what happened to one person I know who tried to buy a scope in a certain shop in NY. Absurd! :roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #45934 by JohnONeill
Replied by JohnONeill on topic Not a Single-Market
Hi,

Dealers being banned (by manufacturers) to sell within only certain countries of the European Union is clearly anti-competitive and contrary to the single-market of the Union.

Do anybody on these boards have any legal expertise in this area?

John

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
17 years 4 months ago #45935 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Astronomy Ireland charging for events

What are they gonna say "Sorry I can't sell to you because you have an Irish accent"?

That is exactly what happened to one person I know who tried to buy a scope in a certain shop in NY. Absurd! :roll:

That is unbelievable. How could a shop assistant say that with a straight face!! So practice a texan drawl before y' go y'all 8-)

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• DaveGrennan
More
17 years 4 months ago #45936 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Not a Single-Market

Do anybody on these boards have any legal expertise in this area?

I'm no legal expert but I do feel you would probably have to take a class action in the US. Since they are american companies. Now I could be wrong on this of course.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• DaveGrennan
More
17 years 4 months ago #45937 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Astronomy Ireland charging for events

so they now take our freedom of speech!!!!

My advice was nothing to do with AI, it is advice from me personally. So don't go getting carried away. Trust me, making public allegations about a specific individual based on what someone else told you is a very bad idea period. Whether that be about AI or anybody else, that advice holds.

Again as far "as I am aware" A&S don't charge for delivery in addition to the price quoted. So it was down to 50 quid then? I'd be pretty sure that if you put that to them, they'd have matched it rather than have you go elsewhere.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• fguihen
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 4 months ago #45940 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: Astronomy Ireland charging for events

so they now take our freedom of speech!!!!

My advice was nothing to do with AI, it is advice from me personally. So don't go getting carried away. Trust me, making public allegations about a specific individual based on what someone else told you is a very bad idea period. Whether that be about AI or anybody else, that advice holds.

Again as far "as I am aware" A&S don't charge for delivery in addition to the price quoted. So it was down to 50 quid then? I'd be pretty sure that if you put that to them, they'd have matched it rather than have you go elsewhere.

let me be clearer. from where i bought it it came down to 50 quid. but i originally quoted them Andy's price ( over 200 quid cheaper) and they simply wouldnt match it. this is why i went elsewhere to get it, and even though the elsewhere was just a tad cheaper, i wouldnt go looking to AI to drop the 50 quid, they wouldnt drop the 200 quid, thus invalidating their price promise, so i rather not do business with them at all

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds