K-Tec

A.I. observing session tuesday night

More
17 years 10 months ago #36102 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: A.I. observing session tuesday night

all i want to do is promote astronomy and let people see the wonders of the sky, what is wrong with that?

for free :!:

Carl,

Nothing at all wrong with that. I know you mean the very best.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #36104 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: A.I. observing session tuesday night

I have done my level best personally to make AEye see that it's in everyone's interest to work with IFAS, however everytime I start to get somewhere all of this stuff comes out.

Dave - persevere. I'd like to think that with commited individuals like yourself, Carl and other contributors here that belong to AI, we can work all the issues out for the benefit of everyone.

Please keep at it - I think you'd be surprised at the support you have - either voiced or silent. And the negative stuff is a reflection of those who were/are 'burned' by AI. They're entitled to voice that negativity but it isn't by any means any sort of personal critisism of you. You are a key contributor to these boards and well respected.

Besides, if you give up I'll just have to slag your next image no matter HOW good it is :wink:

Cheers

Dave

More
17 years 10 months ago #36113 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: A.I. observing session tuesday night
Dear god !!! it pains me to read this thread.
I fully second what Michael and Dave MCD have said above !!

Dave Gr and Carl, all AI members are welcome here and are wanted here, make no mistake on that. !
It was not my intention to provoke anything here, it was as simple question to which I got a straight answer, I was happy to see the end of it at that.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 10 months ago #36123 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: A.I. observing session tuesday night
Dave - you provoked nothing. I'm sure Carl and Dave G saw your question as just that - a genuine question. It was later posts where the discussion got a little frisky.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
17 years 10 months ago #36129 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: A.I. observing session tuesday night

Dave - you provoked nothing. I'm sure Carl and Dave G saw your question as just that - a genuine question. It was later posts where the discussion got a little frisky.

Absolutely Dave McD, Dave L's question was a perfectly fair question.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
17 years 10 months ago #36132 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: A.I. observing session tuesday night
I agree with everything said but as someone else noted earlier, it's easy for our frustrations with A.I. to surface. I have gone to the trouble of advertising A.I. events at SDAS meetings on occasion ... all I'm asking for is for a similar favour to be done (and e-mails not to be ignored ... I know they are getting through to them as I've had communications with them before!)

I definitely won't rake over old coals regarding the politics of the split in 1990 from the IAS ... some of the stuff I personally know that happened at the time would make people boil with fury.

John

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds